Which Card?

Funkyb

Simple
I have just bought a new pc from Time. Its based on an 8xAGP MSI motherboard. The graphics card is a MSI nVidia MX440 128mb 8xAGP.
I have taken the graphics card from my old machine when I got rid of it. It is a MSI nVidia Geforce FX5600 128Mb 8xAGP. The only problem with this card is that in my old machine it seemed to cause a little grief, crashing games etc, nothing that other people hadnt reported before me (could it have something to do with it being a 4xAGP slot?).
I want to know which of the two cards are better and is it worth swapping them. I dont want to upset my 'stable' system if the cards are not much different.
I want to be using my pc for games and photo manipulation.
Cheers

what size is your power supply ?

the agp 4x/8x should not matter.. but the FX cards require a decent amount of power... preferably 300Watts and higher... look for around 350 on the safe side depending on your other devices...

also check out the drivers...

it should not just crash... the driver sets are the same pretty much... so I would be a bit surprised.. but you never know :)

dude, for 400 dollars, get the ati all in wonder 9700pro, same cost as the 9800pro, but, just slitely slitely less powered but has tv plus vrc features, can't beat it... had mine for 9 months, and, yah, nothing comes close to features/power/price, but whatever you do, don't go nvidia...
oh yah, its 8x too...

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
sig.jpg

That's Natalie Portman, not Padme. ;P

Originally posted by Sazar
natalie portman == padme though :)

No. She plays Padme, there's a difference. And besides, she's not depicting Padme in any of the pics in the image...

Originally posted by grimman
No. She plays Padme, there's a difference. And besides, she's not depicting Padme in any of the pics in the image...

why does this matter again ?

Originally posted by grimman
Personally, I can't stand things that are wrong. How about you? ;>

personally I don't care in situations like this :)

Originally posted by Funkyb
Sorry to butt in an all, but my PSU is 500watt. Hope this is any use!!

remove all drivers and reinstall the latest nvidia released drivers... preferably WHQL... not some beta's please...

see if this makes a difference...

The Fx5600 is the better card in this case why people need to jump in saying spend $400 I dont know

So in your case you have both cards I would use the FX5600

And like Saz said get a good set of drivers not beta's

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back