Which Card?

chris

Free to Fly
Been Looking around graphics cards that best suite my price range of about £130-£135 and i've found a couple of cards.

At the moment I have a 64mb Geforce4 mx420. I'm not going to be using the card for photo/video editing or anything like that, just for gaming and video playback. I'm running an AthlonXP 2700+, 768mb pc2100 ddr ram, and an asus a7n8x nforce2 motherboard.

the first one Leadtek Winfast Fx 5600 AGP X8 MyVIVO 256MB which looks a very good card and is probably the most money i could spend.

the other is Tyan Tachyon Radeon G9600PRO 8xAGP 128MB which again looks a good card and has a more friendly price tag.

Anyone have one of these cards? Or used one of them? Also, does the 256mb really make that much difference to performance in games and such?

Originally posted by Chris
Been Looking around graphics cards that best suite my price range of about £130-£135 and i've found a couple of cards.

At the moment I have a 64mb Geforce4 mx420. I'm not going to be using the card for photo/video editing or anything like that, just for gaming and video playback. I'm running an AthlonXP 2700+, 768mb pc2100 ddr ram, and an asus a7n8x nforce2 motherboard.

the first one Leadtek Winfast Fx 5600 AGP X8 MyVIVO 256MB which looks a very good card and is probably the most money i could spend.

the other is Tyan Tachyon Radeon G9600PRO 8xAGP 128MB which again looks a good card and has a more friendly price tag.

Anyone have one of these cards? Or used one of them? Also, does the 256mb really make that much difference to performance in games and such?

the extra memory on those cards should not make that much difference unless you are into professional level 3d work..

in gaming the performance benefits are negligible...

the radeon is better suited for dx9 situations and shader intensive ops in comparison to the gf FX core that exists now... and it is a lower price as well as being a wicked overclocker... I would recommend it above the 5600ultra...

thank you both for the replies.

reading through that article you posted Gaotman, they managed to overclock the core by 125mhz.. quite alot. Its wierd though how the ram is already overclocked on the card but i doubt that will put me off.

thanks again both :)

Some companies will put slight overclocks on both the core and memory so they get a edge over competitors in benchmarks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back