Which Card ?

Canibus.. hows your 9700, btw.. is it 3rd party manuafcturer card or true ATI generic?

thats an interesting article...

but here is the thing...

delays to the nv30 card have been put down to a couple of different reasons... one is that the card is having 0.13 micron process troubles, one is that nvidia went back to the drawing board to redo the architecture to compete with the ati 9700 and make it better if possible... and there was another thinger out there concerning patents or something that I did not pay attention to..

my take is the 9700 is here already and has turned out to be MUCH better than people thought an ATi product could be compared to the ti 4600..

so now there is talk that the nv30 will be amazing and here is the downside to that statement... what if the nv30 IS better than the 9700 but not as much better as the 9700 was to the ti4600? does this mean nvidia does not make good cards?

I respect nvidia for taking the time to come out with a new card with new technology... I lost respect for them to an extent for passing off the crummy g4 mx cards as NEW... that was a blatant insult to its cosumers intellect...

if the nv30 turns out to be a good card I will buy it... but I will compare it with the r350/r400 cards that are scheduled as well..

if only the card is not so overhyped that it falls flat for not meeting expectations.. even if it is a wonderful solution

off topic... sorry... just my humble opnion...

$tUy_B true ATI retail aka "built by ati" i'm shocked how well it runs ut2003 @ 1600x1200 4x AA and 8x AF, amazing. playing earth and beyond very nice also 1600x1200 etc. honstly it was a big upgrade for me gf2 ti to 9700. i get like around 60fps. my benchmark score for ut2003 is flyby 112.611885 botmatch 51.471603.

lol i tried to upload a screen shot resolution is to high, so i zipped it

Damn, just found out that ATI dont supply there own made cards to us europeans! :(

So Hercules and the like are the only ones supplying the new 9700, thats not a bad thing, as long as the named manufacturer has a good take on support/drivers. Now Hercules/Gullimont (did i spell that right?!!) have a solid history and support so things should be ok.

Anyhow looks like stock isnt available till end of month @ Komplett.

By the way any UK resisdents might wanna check www.komplett.co.uk for ANY hardware as they have a good reputation, stock and prices.

s'later people :), thanks again for all your suggestions.

Stuy_B, I recommend the 9700 Pro since you're not concerned about the price for one, and it kicks ass for two.. the catalyst drivers are being improved all the time so don't worry about that too much.. the latest 2.3 v6166 drivers made a big difference for my Radeon 8500.. since the 9700Pro is new ATI will be spending a lot of time over the next few months hearing about issues and providing fixes.. I think you'd be plenty happy with it.. naturally you could wait for a few more months to see what Nvidia has to offer but if you don't want to wait, there you go...

btw, any luck on finding a new job?

stuy, komplett isnt the only place in the uk that stocks the 9700's

canibus, u should be getting a lot higher than 60 fps. did you break the refresh rates?

Originally posted by Quiksilvah
stuy, komplett isnt the only place in the uk that stocks the 9700's

can ya tell me some of those other sites.. so I can compare prices.. cheers m8

Originally posted by $tUy_B
can ya tell me some of those other sites.. so I can compare prices.. cheers m8
ok www.overclockers.co.uk has one i think, they are a very good store but they charge a high price for shipping. www.theoverclockingstore.co.uk has one also i think and shipping is free although i havent been to happy with their ackaging or my products (no anti static bag on my memory and my hard drive just covered in some bubble wrap). www.over-clock.co.uk also has it i think and i've never used them before.

hope this helps,
.quik

Update..

Right after much umming & arring Ive decided that the 9700 is just too expensive, yes Id love one, but just cant justify it at the moment.

OK so, Im going for a Ti4600 now instead.

Which or these would you recommend...

Leadtek WinFast A250 Ultra TD MyVIVO Geforce4 Ti 4600 (AGP) £233.83 inc vat. from www.overclockers.co.uk

Gainward AGP GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB DDR
"Ultra/750XP £229.50 inc vat from www.komplett.co.uk

MSI AGP GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB DDR DVI
G4Ti4600-VTD, Tv-Out/Video-in £209.25 inc vat. from www.komplett.co.uk

Dont worry about the price, cos I can afford any of them. Im looking at which gives best TV-out and image quality, oh and which has best driver utilities/support.

Stuy B, you know that Komplett.co.uk site. I ordered from them a few times and they are cheaper than from Dabs in some cases. But the weird thing is that the bits are shipped from Norway, if you were to try and get any of that stuff in Norway you would be paying almost twice the price

Kevin Ar18, you can try that but most US online distributors wont ship outside the US, and also most wont accept a none US Credit Card billing address.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back