Which card-manufactuarer is your fav?

AlexK

Ooops i did it again!
Which manufactuarer ( im not english btw if theres any typo's ) is your fav, concerning GFX cards?

ATI vs. Nvidia ( Ups and downs with both )..

Im thinking about buying two 8800 GT cards, but maybe you can give me a reason to not buy it, or make me wanting it even more :)

depends on preference, price, performance, many factors

Well, do you have a Nvidia or an ATI in your machine?

And which manufactuarer delivers the most performance for the least cost?

F.X , i prefer Nvidia because i have been raised with Geforce cards :)

in server geforce 6200 in this pc 7600GT - i had a bad experience with ATi once so havent really used them since, i remember the days when it was voodoo that did all the 3d stuff :D

well... i have a x1950pro.. which is awesome... but not something u would buy right now with so many new cards

the 8800gt seems to be the better choice for high ends, unless u wanna wait for the 9 series to come aong...

if u're looking for something cheaper, ati's new hd3*** cards aren't that bad, despite the usual struggle with drivers :p

if u're looking for something cheaper, ati's new hd3*** cards aren't that bad, despite the usual struggle with drivers :p

Well if theres a struggle with drivers i dont want it :)

I think the Nvidia cards are the most easy to install.. Download driver and youre good ! Thats one of the reasons why i really like it so much..

I have never had any struggle with Nvidia cards..

Only thing with the 8800GT's is the price.. For two 8800GT in Denmark, the price is about 2950 ,- (dkk) Which would be something like 590$ WITHOUTH SHIPMENT

I tend to switch between Nvidia and ATi depending on whats the best
whenever its time to upgrade.
So far I'm very pleased with my 8800gtx.
IMO 2 x 8800gt's would be faster than a single gtx, but you have to take
power consumption and heat into consideration.
GTX's overclock well, I've pushed mine past 8800 ultra speeds saving me over £150 :up:

I remember back in the days when drivers for nvidia cards were around 13mb approx... Now they're like 35-45mb.
What I dislike is when there's a new driver released and you're recommended to update your existing one to the new one when your card is more than a yr old. They don't put anything new in there that will benefit the older cards, if anything, performance goes down rather than up.

if price is an issue, buy one 8800GT now.. buy the 2nd later.. :)

the 8800GT is a great card by itself and only a little bit slower than the GTX.

or better... buy a 8800gt now and when its time to upgrade, get whatver is good atm...

i really think sli and crossfire suck :)

Sli is actually better than what i expected.. if i only had ONE 7600 GT.. i would never be able to play games at the GFX im playing them at.. I love SLI .. hehe Yeah, im thinking about buying the one now, and the second one later.. But its more cool to get them together.. ( dont know why? :p )

Fitz, thats also why im not buying GTX.. Its MUCH more expensive than GT.. :)
#
cheapest i could find
8800GT = 1500 DKK ~ 300 $
8800GTX = 3000 DKK ~ 600 $

Notice, i live in Denmark, thats why they are insanely high prices
#

Last edited:
Which manufactuarer ( im not english btw if theres any typo's ) is your fav, concerning GFX cards?

ATI vs. Nvidia ( Ups and downs with both )..

Im thinking about buying two 8800 GT cards, but maybe you can give me a reason to not buy it, or make me wanting it even more :)

I don't know if you read my other thread but I just picked up a 8800 GT 512MB card and so far I am in love with it. I am no professioal reviewer but I have always used Nvidia, I don't think I have ever once touched or used an ATI card or anything else. So I guess because of that I can't really say one or the other except that I have never had problems with Nvidia (ones I have had were my own fault).

or better... buy a 8800gt now and when its time to upgrade, get whatver is good atm...

i really think sli and crossfire suck :)

I have had problems with sli, I don't think it has been perfectly anyways.

Sli is actually better than what i expected.. if i only had ONE 7600 GT.. i would never be able to play games at the GFX im playing them at.. I love SLI .. hehe Yeah, im thinking about buying the one now, and the second one later.. But its more cool to get them together.. ( dont know why? :p )

Fitz, thats also why im not buying GTX.. Its MUCH more expensive than GT.. :)
#
cheapest i could find
8800GT = 1500 DKK ~ 300 $
8800GTX = 3000 DKK ~ 600 $

Notice, i live in Denmark, thats why they are insanely high prices
#

Yea good deals you can find on the GT, I got mine for $220 CND Total.

Nvidia for the chipset design. I used to be an ATI fan until I got my first 6800GT and since then I haven't gone back. My fav card manufacturer would have to be eVGA. Best warranty(covers overclocks). And they also have some of the best tech support around.

I forgot to mention manufacturers, I think I normally get ASUS but my new cards is BFG and I have no heard anything bad about them.

I forgot to mention manufacturers, I think I normally get ASUS but my new cards is BFG and I have no heard anything bad about them.

Asus cards are over priced and I have had to RMA 3 BFG cards... Never say never :lick:

Good to know, maybe that is why I had SLI problems, they were ASUS cards.

NVIDIA for me, always have been since the days of 3DfX. NVIDIA tend to be on top of the market in cycles that seem to last about as long as my current graphics card :)

the make/model i like is one that does what i need it to and dont pop if i play hd dvd or a few games :D

Alekx, I don't personally think it's very wise to acquire an SLi package simply because there will soon be a new card out which will cost less than your 2 cards and perform about the same, if not better in a single card configuration.

Your 7600 card was memory bandwidth limited. The 8800 series is not, although games like Crysis will give it fits.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back