Which Antivirus software?

_kC_ said:
esset nod32 for me:p has passed more tests than any other av, really low sys footprint, fastest scanner, and also detected msblast etc without definition updates...
www.nod32.com

before i switched too this i was using avg pro 7, which while all good, isnt anywhere near as secure as nod32...
Which version of nod32 are u using?

I used Symantec (Norton) anti-virus for years but no more as does not stop viruses/Trojans from infecting machine. I use Kasperskey now. This is not without its own problems if you develop visual basic programmes or use Microsoft Access which it can slow down to a crawl. It also lets through some Trojans but at least it detects them. Their firewall product (Anti-Hacker) is far superior to Symantec in my opinion.

Symantec have lost the plot in this field.

I've also noticed a HUGE decrease in boot time after uninstalling all Norton products... I dunno why, but even on an XP2000+ with 512MB RAM and a Western Digital 80GB 7200rpm drive, it still slowed my boot time considerably. I installed F-prot and have had no such problems since. Plus, F-prot has an incredibly small memory footprint, often using less than 1MB :) Scans quite fast too... Only downside is no email scanning that I can see.

Hello everyone,

I have just reformatted last night and i used to use Norton antivirus 2003 as my AV.. but people are saying that Norton is a real resource hog... is this true? I am debating on whether i should re-install Norton.. or if there is something better that i could use that is less of a resource hog. If so, it would need to have an E-mail virus scanner too because well for the past month, ive been getting Netsky viruses

Any idea's?

Thanks for your help and time

Alex :cool:

I use the free version of Antivir, a German outfit, from www.free-av.com. Regular updates, almost daily. Seems ok to me, never had any viruses, but once it flashed up a warning when I read a newsgroup post from someone who included a bit of a virus script when he was asking for help with it, so at least I've seen it work on something. Gave me a bit of a fright at the time, though. :)

I use Vet Antivirus (www.vet.com.au), it's a great virus scanner. It used to be an Australian product but got bought out by CA.

On my second PC I use AVG Antivirus and it's done a great job. I like it. :)

does panda 2004 scan email? im using the trial right now and i dont see anything about that. i use outlook for email. panda seems nice what do u guys think about it.

I found my boot time went WAY down after I uninstalled the Norton Firewall. I still use the NSW 2004 and I'm happy with it, it doesn't slow down my boot times, at least not noticable.

Never believed in paying for Antivirus after usuing NAV 5 years ago.

One free antivirus that doesnt get much recognition is "Avast" from Czech Republic (In English) consistently rated very high in surveys .

Have used for 2 years and can highly recommend.... having also received about 70 or more Netsky viruses etc, in the last couple of months.

sk8caliguy00 said:
does panda 2004 scan email? im using the trial right now and i dont see anything about that. i use outlook for email. panda seems nice what do u guys think about it.

Yes it scans emails, incoming and outgoing. I use and prefer it over the others that I have tried.

Well most of them have the same basic features like email scanning. As for which on is the best that depends on you the user as they all have their good and bad points

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back