Which Antivirus software?

Chase™

NTFS Noob
I just put in norton antivirus 2004 on my girlfriends computer and she is running a p3 500 with 256 mb ram windows xp pro and it seems to be running pretty slow so i was wondering which antivirus would be good to put in her system?

You could try the free avg one or if you can get it symantic antivirus corp edition. Both of these use little resorses.

I've heard that avg isn't that great? So what does everyone in here use and then i could compare pricing etc..thanx

Doom said:
You could try the free avg one or if you can get it symantic antivirus corp edition. Both of these use little resorses.

Is that symantec or symantic?

If it is symantic whats the url?

AVG not that great? I love it. A company that releases updates every other day to detect new variants of stuff floating around out there has my allegiance, along with not using up ludicrous amounts of memory and bloating my computer to no return.

Don't use Norton 2004. You'd be better off with the 2003 version instead.
SAV is ok, don't like the GUI though.

breezie said:
hehe i just do an online virus scan by trend micro- they rock =P
What about possible infection from floppies and cdroms?
never thought about that, did ya? :p

Friend of mine was running Norton Corporate edition. He installed Panda for grins and it found 2 IRC Bots that norton missed.

Try Panda.

I've been having AVG pick up trojans on every PC I've worked on lately that were missed by NAV. I'm done with symantec.

ming said:
Don't use Norton 2004. You'd be better off with the 2003 version instead.
SAV is ok, don't like the GUI though.

You're correct, I tried a trial of 2004 talk about goooooo slooooooow!

I am sticking with 2004, maybe I will stump up for 2005, inbetween I will use bit defender or avg.

I've become a big fan of F-Prot lately.. very small footprint and they do update fairly often from what I can tell... the UI isn't all that wonderful, but it gets the job done. :)

I use AVG7 Pro no problems, purrs along, whereas using Norton had endless problems, now a thing of the past.

Try a few trials and make your own mind up, I always trial them, before I buy. :)

I am using kaspersky antivirus 5-beta i found it to b a great little program its one of the few that i have found to work seemlessly with outlook 2003 at well :)

esset nod32 for me:p has passed more tests than any other av, really low sys footprint, fastest scanner, and also detected msblast etc without definition updates...
www.nod32.com

before i switched too this i was using avg pro 7, which while all good, isnt anywhere near as secure as nod32...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back