Which amd 64 mobo?

lad_in_brum

OSNN Addict
Ive decided to upgrade my processor and mobo..

Ive decided on the AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm processor but cant decide on which mobo.

I have had a look around the internet but most reviews are for the SLI mobo's, I have an AGP graphics card at the moment and want to stick with it...im torn between the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum and the Abit AV8 3RD Eye mobo.

Does anyone have any personal reviews of what these boards are like, or any similar priced AGP mobo's?

Last edited:
I have an AX8 PCI-E mobo running a 64 3500+ Winchester and it runs great.
I chose that board because I duel boot Linux & Windows, so I cannot use a N-Force board as I always have problems running Linuux on N-Force boards.
I have been running this rig for just over a month and it has been faultless.
I may be wrong but I think the AV8 is the same board only AGP.

Last edited:
I have the A8V deluxe and it works just fine. Just make sure you get the right memory. I recommend getting some Corsair RAM, they are the best.

I'm running the Asus A8V deluxe revision 2.0

It works quite well and it OCs nicely.

Thanks all...all the reviews seem to have the ASUS, ABIT and the MSI to be roughly the same....i decided on the MSI

I have the Abit AV8 3rd EYE - its a nice board, good layout - the 3rd eye thingymebob is very cool. Okay for overclocking.

i believe this is the best agp socket 939 board out there.

DFI Lanparty Nforce4 has gotten the best reviews I've seen for a board in a long time.

http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2337
" DFI set out to create the absolute best nForce4 boards that an enthusiast could find on the market. After spending several weeks with engineering samples and now the final retail boards, we believe that DFI has succeeded in their goal."

if you search around you will find other raving reviews on other websites

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back