Which 8800

I never knew that was there, I never bothered to look down the screen abit. Thanks.

If you have not reformatted the RAID array disks AND the data was not encrypted it can still be recovered. Do not do anything rash.

It sounds like the RAID hardware drivers are not installed yet. Possibly the "Mass Storage Device" with the ? in device mangler.

The RAID and USB 2 drivers often are a seperate part of the MB driver install. They need to be reinstalled before anything can read the RAID array.

Once the RAID drivers are installed you should be able to see the disks and the odd's are good they will be intact. Even if they are corrupted the data may still be recoverable with some of the above mentioned tools.

Last edited:
Yea that makes sense, I will install the drivers and then try the program.

I will get back to you soon.

*edit

I just looked on Asus site, and they only have Vista drivers for RAID, where did I get them before, must be my cd, but shouldn't there be some on their site?

Last edited by a moderator:
get the nforce drives for your board and all those will go, you might have to use the mobo cd for the unknown device as thats the acpi drive for the board

the raid drivers should come in the forceware package

if you think doing a reinstall is bad - almost lost a 400gb hdd (although i reckon it was deamon tools lite crashing the system) i have just lost an antech 650watt psu, seems its just popped, so all in all im having a crappy end to 2007 and a crappy start to 2008, luckily i did have a spare 650watt psu but thats not the point, i think this one will pop soon beacuase its never had the load on it im putting on it now :(

Ever since I got this computer I have had problems, first my powersupply also just poped for no reason, then my 7900GT sli setup messed up, and my one pci-e slot is no good, and then harddriver problems, and new videocard problems. It was also not that good of a year in terms of computers for me, but its a new year almost!

Yea I will find the needed drivers on my CD, because the forceware package did not have them, or else I did something wrong. I will get back once again...

are u sure? they should come with the raid drivers and the raid tool :S

not all drivers come with the nforce drivers, there are one or two drivers i have to get from the cd when i do an install (under xp anyway)

Well I installed the drivers, made sure everything was setup perfectly and no hard drives (well RAID) can be detected by windows or the the program to get information back.

I guess I am really out of luck with this one, not the best way to end the year but it could of been worse I guess.

Crazy prices for a card like that.. !!! 8800 GT in denmark is about 350 $ (1500 dkk) NOT OVERCLOCKED.. Its crazy..

Im thinking about buying two 8800 GT, putting them in Sli.

I already have dual 7600 GT sli, plays crysis okay..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back