Which 8800

70GB - thats all you lost? try losing 500GB - apps, music,videos,pictures, then see how peed off you would be :)

and why would anything on the raid be lost unless you installed onto the raid or formated it ?

I don't know, what ever the fix/repair screen did, i see the drive, nothing is on it at all..

Is there something I can do to see if I can info back? A Program, something?

runtimes getback ntfs - it claims to be able to get data back, it have different options

damn... that sucks man, im sorry to hear

what happen to u was really weird : /

maybe u should try one of those data recovery programs, if whats lost was really important (as in work or school stuff)

:/

My father paid for a program that most of the professionals use around here awhile back I think he might still have it. It worked for him. I will try that, then if that does not work Carpo I will need more information about your suggestion.

I will be back.

*edit

Well I tried a program that works with RAID, recovery's for RAID, and well it can't detect those drives. This is because when I restart windows the F10 window that shows if my RAID setup is healthy or not is flashing red with ERROR, and the only way to fix this is to format them and create a new one. Which means I am screwed out of recovery the drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can, get the GTX. Don't bother with Ultra, xxx, superclocked, etc..
You can always overclock it yourself. I'm currently running my BFG GTX at 655/2070 very comfortably.

So you had windows on a raid or was it a single drive?

You could try making a BARTPE disk then boot to that and you may be able to get your data off the drive.

There is no way that just removing the Nvidia drivers would remove the windows partition (if it is gone). That had to be something you did in either recovery console or during repair.

So you had windows on a raid or was it a single drive?

You could try making a BARTPE disk then boot to that and you may be able to get your data off the drive.

There is no way that just removing the Nvidia drivers would remove the windows partition (if it is gone). That had to be something you did in either recovery console or during repair.

Wait, what, the 1 drive that had Windows on it is working now (just with weird problems and such now, why im reformatting) and my storage was a RAID with 2 80GB drives. The RAID is what is screwed up.

And how would booting into BARTPE get my data, is that not just for installation stuff.

**and maybe we should change the title to something like " 8800 Causes Computer Failure"

does that board have ps2 connections on it and if it does do you have a kb and mouse with ps2 connections? if yes the try them as ps2 is serial and should work on standard windows drivers (usb should too but thats a differenet matter)

BARTPE gives you a GUI like windows and you can see all drives that are connected. You can fix registry errors, burn data to CD/DVD, transfer data to another drive, connect to the web to download files or find answers to your problem, etc. The list goes on and on it just depends on what you decide to put on the disk you make.

You may be able to see your raid by booting from the BARTPE disk then, when you see the prompt, press F6 and load your raid drivers. I have used BARTPE lots of times for various reasons. One time was to fix a registry error that was preventing windows from loading.

does that board have ps2 connections on it and if it does do you have a kb and mouse with ps2 connections? if yes the try them as ps2 is serial and should work on standard windows drivers (usb should too but thats a differenet matter)

I have everything working again, when I did the repair. It's just the lost data on my Raid now.

BARTPE gives you a GUI like windows and you can see all drives that are connected. You can fix registry errors, burn data to CD/DVD, transfer data to another drive, connect to the web to download files or find answers to your problem, etc. The list goes on and on it just depends on what you decide to put on the disk you make.

You may be able to see your raid by booting from the BARTPE disk then, when you see the prompt, press F6 and load your raid drivers. I have used BARTPE lots of times for various reasons. One time was to fix a registry error that was preventing windows from loading.

I will give it a shot then.

http://www.runtime.org/

What's new?

RAIDProbe - The smartest and most secure way to data recovery from a broken RAID array
If you need to reconstruct a RAID system and you are unable to find the right parameters to destripe the array

http://www.runtime.org/

What's new?

RAIDProbe - The smartest and most secure way to data recovery from a broken RAID array
If you need to reconstruct a RAID system and you are unable to find the right parameters to destripe the array

I tried there Raid Reconstucter and can't detect the drives.

GetDataBack for NTFS V3.32

Recover your files when the data is no longer accessible due to formatting, fdisk, virus attack, power or software failure. Get everything back even when the drive's partition table, boot record, Master File Table or root directory is lost or corrupt.

does that also not see the drives ?

Yes I have tied all there software, can't detect the drives.. On a sideish note

I just reformatted the main drive, and this is what is in my Device Manager.

I installed Videocard drivers, Wireless, and Sound Drivers.

What are all these things?

Last edited by a moderator:
did u install the mobo's lastest forceware?

I installed the Nvidia Drivers for the videocard. Where do I find the motherboard forceware drivers?

here

idk which one u have (chipset that is) so u'll have to enter all the data :]

good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back