Wheres the emails then

Oh my god, what a night !!!

I'll start at the beginning. About 10pm last night the forums stopped sending the "Blah blah has replied to emails"

Because I was having trouble with my website host I went into my profile and changed my E-mails adrdress.

BAD MOVE !!!

The site then says it will email you an activation link. It didn't.

Until you click that activation link, you cant do anything !!!

You cant pm, email, post, or anything else for that matter

So how the bloody hell do you let someone know that things have gone wrong ?

Theres only the link on the main page, guess what, no one answers

Luckily, I recieved a 176 emails from the site this morning and the activation link was there.

So, problem solved

But there has to be a better way of getting hold of someone when it goes wrong !

Thanks , I feel better now

I lost my old profile mucking around in there. Put the wrong email in & when I went back to fix it (about 10 minutes later) I could not get in. :(

Which email is this?

I reply to every single one of my XP-erience addressed messages as well as replying to messages from teh site as they are fowarded to me...

There is or was a problem with the email last night. Not sure if it's fixed yet. I wasn't getting notified of any PM's send to me. I got a notification this morning of a PM I read last night but didn't get a notification for a PM this morning.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk

Which email is this?

I reply to every single one of my XP-erience addressed messages as well as replying to messages from teh site as they are fowarded to me...

Sorry EP :eek:

I recieved an email from waddy today. I forgot that as the forum wasn't sending emails then even if you did reply then it wouldn't have got here.:D

Nice to see you can post again Bb :D Were ya going through withdrawl? :p

Hey DoubleB. In case you didn't know, I would like to say that gtgarside really tried to help get this resolved. I, among others heard from him concerning your problem. Wish I had been here when you were going through it to help out. *note to self: don't leave home for more than a couple of hours* Nice to see the "family" stick together. :)
Glad you're back on.

Yep gtgarside PM'd me 2 times, Bb PM'd and emailed me. Too bad I couldn't do anything except send a PM or email myself.

Yes, special thanks go to Jewelzz, Gtgarside and his comms trout and X for being a little late :D

Seriously, Its great to know How people will help you in your houe of need.

just an upate this, the email I sent from the from main page is in cyberspace somewhere, look........................

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 24 hours on the queue on fmailg1.svr.pol.co.uk.

The message identifier is: 17DYYg-0000Kn-00
The subject of the message is: Locked out
The date of the message is: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:38:16 +0100

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

webmaster@www.xp-erience.org
Delay reason: Connection refused

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for
some time, and this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message
remains undelivered. Eventually the mail delivery software will give up,
and when that happens, the message will be returned to you.

Also thanks to waddy who replied as well, But to jewelzz and X's Emails !!!!

:D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back