Where To Get Music!

well I am from Chicago and if any of you ever heard of a band called Slapstick they broke up because half of the band wanted the money and half wanted to stay for the fans...I heard that from actual band members so I know what I am talking about...Epitaph wanted to sign them and they broke up...NOw they are in bands such as The LAwrence Arms and one is in Alkaline Trio. Alkaline Trio is another wannabe MTV band and the Lawrence Arms are on Fat Wreck Chords.

But the point is that There is and should never be ther radio for Punk Bands...you have to hear then at shows on compilations or the internet...so you almost have to d/l their songs off of the internet before you buy the cds...

Catch there are a lot of bands that haven't been on MTV that have changed their music to have pop girlies listen to them...Good Riddance(used to be one of my favorite bands), Useless ID(Israeli Punk Band), Strung Out( their most recent Album, I'm thinking on the run but I can keep trying if you like

not what I meant about bands changing...Propagandhi changed a ton and they got better not worse...bands need to change...just not they way they have been...all I say is bands are getting very radio friendly nowadays and that shouldn't happen...I agree that some bands want more distribution and they should get it becuase DIY labels have a hard time getting cds all over the country but the scene is dead and I hope for a Rebirth of some talent

Here's my playlist.

www.vortex-of-lost-souls.co.uk/playlist.htm

I'm afraid i'm a Grunge\Alternative Rocker...sorry punk guys.

Oh and that's 13GB if anyone's intrested. Plus I own most of the CD's that are there. Yep that's 1 hell of a big CD collection!

Forgive me for the missnamed/repeated tracks. Most of the repeated ones (mainly the Smashing Pumpkins ones) are different versions or live, i just haven't got round to renaming them.

NegativeFactor,

Good to see James Iha on that list. I thought I was the only one that went out and bought that cd. BTW, I think it's a great cd.

Originally posted by dreamliner77
NegativeFactor,

Good to see James Iha on that list. I thought I was the only one that went out and bought that cd. BTW, I think it's a great cd.

Yeah it's a top album, I think i have the other copy mate!!

Although any of the (ex)Pumpkins could make any old rubbish and i'd think it was tops.

WOW!

Good God that raised some controversy! For one you guys who are talking about pirating music and the cd industry losing money, how is it that A year after Napster hit the Scene record sales were up $1 billion. I dont really know where it stands now though. Second if the artists cared enough they should do something about it themselves, instead of being metallica and bitching for 20 years non-stop. For example Eminem and Aftermath paid a company to put out fake eminem songs for the eminem show and greatly decreased bootlegging. And Thirdly free is always better, I can see supporting bands that dont have a lot of money. But tell me how many people want to support Bill Gates when hes richer than the president himself. And for all those looking for a music sharing program WinMX has changed the way songs are downloaded and I now highly recomend it!:D

WinMX is changing things - its just a matter of time before something bigger and better comes along. That's the nature of the beast. I do belive that the artist do deserve compesation, but lets not get redicules about how much that shoud be 15$(?!). The cost for Cd's should have the fact that they realy dont cost next to anything to make (manufacturing) refelected in the cost.

don't you guys know by now there is no way to change how catch23 thinks??

If he believes that those punk rock bands are the same as some years back when they DID it for the fans well he is right....*NOT*, ever seen that cribs program on MTV when they showed the blink 182 guys houses¿?? having 3 or 4 cars some Mercedes and some BMW, IS NOT DOING MUSIC to pay the bills as he says.

But oh well i don't like any type of rock anyways so i don't care :D

and if you guys think there is still no scene talk about electronic music scene (not mainstream i mean underground) but i will not argue on this treath as this is only my opinion and you can flame me if you like.

nIabI

Now the industry bitches that it has lost something like 4% in sales this year. I don't know, but I think it could possibly have something to with the fact that the US is in the middle of a freaking recession.

The only people complaing about pirating are the ones making the money, the record companies. The reason they are losing money is because so many of the bands they are putting out suck. They are tired and repeatitive. If they would just put out some better quaility music then they wouldn't be in that situation. Another reason they don't like file sharing is because it gives people the chance to hear it and know that it is garbage before they go and shell out $15 dollars on it. I don't know about the rest of you but I am glad that I have checked out some of the songs I have, I have found some great bands I like and probably would have never heard otherwise, which has inspired me to go out and buy thier albums, but I have also been able to avoid a few crap bands as well. I don't condone piracy at all, and if you like it go buy. That's what I do. :)

I would like to add this and a few people may understand it but this:

'The biggest fashion victims are those who attempt to avoid fashion'

It's funny to read other's opinions. *no flaming of any individual please* Your opinion is your opinion. Quit trying to make it the "correct" way of thinking. :rolleyes:

I don't mind you guys debating things at all. Let's just not *cough single a person out cough* ;)

I do believe in paying for CDs, but also with the jacking up of prices of the CD Stores I have been directed to downloading music. It is ridiculous to pay $15-$20 for a CD that only holds 10-15 tracks, if you look at it you are paying by the listening time. Say a CD only has a 75m playtime - You pay $17.99 for it at Sam Goody or some other outrageous place like it, you would pay $22 for a 80m CD and so on. All CD prices should be the same unless it is a special edition, limited, or whatever. All CDs cost the same amount of money to make unless it has special features like CDROM Extras. Which are usually gay anyways. You don't wanna see Britney Spears's Interview with Entertainment Tonight on Interactive CDROM. You should buy the CD for the music, but then you have to fork up $5 for a gay video you don't even want. Leave that **** in the Behind the Scenes DVD or some **** so the people who do want that can get it, without making everyone else pay extra. Cutting out all this stuff would most likely drop the prices of the usual CD.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back