Where to find specs on Geforce2 card

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

As I always have bought ATI cards right from the get go, I have no idea how NVidia ID's their cards.

My friend just purchased "Painkiller" game. Now he interested in replacing the vid card with a better one. For my own personal info, I was wondering what the specs were on his card. Buddy knows it is a Gforce, but he thinks it is a geforce2 with 256megs. He actually knows it is a 256meg card. That was his selling feature. Is it a DX9 card? I have been to NVidia site, but I can't find anything on Geforce2.

Thanks in advance.

Heeter

they never made a GF2 with 256mb of ram, they did make a GF 256 tho i think

GeForce 256 SDR - Runs at 120mhz core / 166mhz memory. GeForce 256
DDR - The same as a GeForce 256 SDR, except it uses DDR memory

Check out www.tomshardware.com They have reviews on each video card as it comes out. Look in the Graphics Cards sections at the article titles from about 4 years ago. You can do a search also. They have card pictures so you can ID them too. Unlike some sites Tom's seems to keep good archives of old information... ;)

Like maybe this one?

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20000107/index.html

Then look at their VGA III video card benchmark roll up to see where it will stand compared to better cards. WARNING. If it is the GE 256 it probably is so slow it falls off the bottom of the rating scale.

you can always try AIDA32 or SiSoft Sandra for analizing your hardware

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back