Where to Buy Cheap, Cheap PCs?

vern

Dominus
Political Access
I need a really cheap PC to play around with. It doesn't need the best of the best. I'll probably only access it via console. I've looked at eBay, but haven't seen any great deals yet. Anyone know of a place that sells surplus PCs but don't require you to buy in bulk?

I find it best to keep an ear out for someone upgrading, just try to get there old PC. If not you may be able to find one at a thrift store.

May I ask what you're doing with it?

What sort of specs? PIII? P4? what? Or at least equivelant of what? I work for Directron.com and we do a lot of work for some school districts, and we buy back their old computers to sell off. A lot of PIII, 667, 733,933 machines around there. Not to mention I might have pretty much all the parts for a spare machine.

I need a really cheap PC to play around with. It doesn't need the best of the best. I'll probably only access it via console. I've looked at eBay, but haven't seen any great deals yet. Anyone know of a place that sells surplus PCs but don't require you to buy in bulk?
www.SlycePC.com :)
Thats my site :)
Or if you want cheap.
How bout TigerDirect.
This week they have a 299 dollar p4 with 512mb mem, 160gb sataII, etc.
Its a really nice computer for the price.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/wem1254.asp?CMP=ILC-FPM01

I'm looking for something around the 1-2GHz range, 256-512MB ram. Video can be integrated, sound isn't important. IDE support ... SATA isn't required. Must have a NIC ... or a PCI slot so I can install a NIC. I don't need a monitor. Was looking at directron ... that 933MHz PC might work out. A little more processing power would be nice, but not required.

I also don't want emulation of any kind as this will eventually become a personal file server once I get done testing out what I want. I already have a file server running Slackware that has a bit over a terrabyte of data storage ... I just need another one, and while I'm at it ... try out something new.

I'm looking for something around the 1-2GHz range, 256-512MB ram. Video can be integrated, sound isn't important. IDE support ... SATA isn't required. Must have a NIC ... or a PCI slot so I can install a NIC. I don't need a monitor. Was looking at directron ... that 933MHz PC might work out. A little more processing power would be nice, but not required.

I also don't want emulation of any kind as this will eventually become a personal file server once I get done testing out what I want. I already have a file server running Slackware that has a bit over a terrabyte of data storage ... I just need another one, and while I'm at it ... try out something new.
IM serious my friend, grab the one off tiger direct.

you should check out Fry's they have a "great quality" PC for under 200 last i checked, very cheap components but it works.

Well, Directron.com still has used systems. They might even have PIII 1.0ghz + systems there for around $100

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back