Where to Buy Cheap, Cheap PCs?

vern

Dominus
Political User
I need a really cheap PC to play around with. It doesn't need the best of the best. I'll probably only access it via console. I've looked at eBay, but haven't seen any great deals yet. Anyone know of a place that sells surplus PCs but don't require you to buy in bulk?

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
I find it best to keep an ear out for someone upgrading, just try to get there old PC. If not you may be able to find one at a thrift store.

May I ask what you're doing with it?

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
What sort of specs? PIII? P4? what? Or at least equivelant of what? I work for Directron.com and we do a lot of work for some school districts, and we buy back their old computers to sell off. A lot of PIII, 667, 733,933 machines around there. Not to mention I might have pretty much all the parts for a spare machine.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
I need a really cheap PC to play around with. It doesn't need the best of the best. I'll probably only access it via console. I've looked at eBay, but haven't seen any great deals yet. Anyone know of a place that sells surplus PCs but don't require you to buy in bulk?
www.SlycePC.com :)
Thats my site :)
Or if you want cheap.
How bout TigerDirect.
This week they have a 299 dollar p4 with 512mb mem, 160gb sataII, etc.
Its a really nice computer for the price.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/wem1254.asp?CMP=ILC-FPM01

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User

vern

Dominus
Political User
I'm looking for something around the 1-2GHz range, 256-512MB ram. Video can be integrated, sound isn't important. IDE support ... SATA isn't required. Must have a NIC ... or a PCI slot so I can install a NIC. I don't need a monitor. Was looking at directron ... that 933MHz PC might work out. A little more processing power would be nice, but not required.

I also don't want emulation of any kind as this will eventually become a personal file server once I get done testing out what I want. I already have a file server running Slackware that has a bit over a terrabyte of data storage ... I just need another one, and while I'm at it ... try out something new.

Vanquished

Mr. Bananagrabber
Political User
I'm looking for something around the 1-2GHz range, 256-512MB ram. Video can be integrated, sound isn't important. IDE support ... SATA isn't required. Must have a NIC ... or a PCI slot so I can install a NIC. I don't need a monitor. Was looking at directron ... that 933MHz PC might work out. A little more processing power would be nice, but not required.

I also don't want emulation of any kind as this will eventually become a personal file server once I get done testing out what I want. I already have a file server running Slackware that has a bit over a terrabyte of data storage ... I just need another one, and while I'm at it ... try out something new.
IM serious my friend, grab the one off tiger direct.

GhoulScout

OSNN Addict
you should check out Fry's they have a "great quality" PC for under 200 last i checked, very cheap components but it works.

ShepsCrook

Red Sox Fan!
Well, Directron.com still has used systems. They might even have PIII 1.0ghz + systems there for around $100

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasty12