Where save mails outlook??

M

maruja

Hello!!

I would like to know, if there are any possibility of change the location where save mail's in the outlook express.

I use winxp Pro (SP1)

go to tools-> options - > maintenace tab -> click store folder

In OE click on Tools, Options, Maintenance, Store Folder and finally Change - select your new location!

Yea, I think there is a way to change the place Outlook Express saves it's local e-mail.

Under the drop down tools / options

On the Maintainance tab there is a button to change the location of the store folder.

I suggest manually backing up this folder before you try to change anything. I tried this once, but I don't bother doing it anymore. I think I had some trouble getting things to work the first time.

I use Hotmail and the IMAP e-mail from work. Neither one pushes e-mail to my local system. I have lost allot of stuff because I forgot to save the messages that my ISP e-mail had pushed to my system. They do that to save space on their server.

I have my system set up so that I don't have to save anything except my Outlook Express address book before I reload a Ghost image. I used Tweak UI to change the location of other folders so that everything I need to save is on a seperate drive. Tweak UI may be usefull to you as well. It can be found at Microsoft.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back