Where is our Product Key from Microsoft...?

M

Mecham

Product Keys have been submitted.

OK...

It was all very nice of Microsoft to give their hard working beta testers who actually bothered to sumit any bugs to them with a complementary copy of Windows Vista. Those of you who received an email from Microsoft will remember it stated at the end of the email I quote
We will email you when your product key is available for retrieval on Connect. In general this should happen within one week of your acceptance of the terms.
10 days on and nothing from Microsoft.

Has anybody received an email from Microsoft Connect with their product key...? :cry:

Last edited:
Not sure on what's going on, but for what it's worth you can install and run Vista for 30 days without a key. So, if you want to get cracking you should be OK until you are able to retrieve it from them.

still waiting on mine.

I have installed it though, as a dual boot. seeing how things work etc. good choice really seeing as how i now have the proper drivers from various things. will eventaly, once i get the key, wipe everything and install from scratch.

good times ahwad :) (although i like to make things hard but using Vista 64 as well)

still waiting on mine.

I have installed it though, as a dual boot. seeing how things work etc. good choice really seeing as how i now have the proper drivers from various things. will eventaly, once i get the key, wipe everything and install from scratch.

good times ahwad :) (although i like to make things hard but using Vista 64 as well)

Yeah just sent an email to the support team asking them when these will be released because the next thing you know your 30 days will be up...? :cry:

I'm still waiting too. It's been over 10 days for me. I sent in an email after the first week. And still have not received anything back.

I would imagine it is going to take Microsoft time to verify those who submitted actual bugs. Be patient.

You will get your keys about the same time they will send out the USB sticks they promised.

Allllllmost.
As an update to your complimentary copy of Windows Vista, please be aware that keys have not yet been made available to selected participants. We are anticipating to have these available this week and will send you email notification when you may request your key from Connect.

In the meantime, you may do a PID-less install by clicking "Next" at the activation screen.

To help provide the best response to other beta inquiries, please do not send mail to the alias requesting a key or status.

Best regards,
Windows Beta Team

Yeah. I got this one today too. Looks like another week or so. On another note. I just found my Beta 02 discs here. I never opened up the package.

lol

Yeah don't worry guys, if you get promised a key you will get one.
I also believe you can reset the 30 day counter - twice!

yeah, i got that mail as well. i'm in no hurry though, gonna keep it dual boot until i have made sure i've backed everything up etc anyway

yeah, i got that mail as well. i'm in no hurry though, gonna keep it dual boot until i have made sure i've backed everything up etc anyway

Some of you will be waking up to an email from Microsoft this morning with your product key to register your complimentary retail copy of Windows Vista Ultimate. It could not have come at a more perfect time to be honest because it’s my birthday in 10 days time and Christmas is just around the corner. Here is a sample of the email which some of you would have received this morning. Just follow the link in your email from Microsoft and log into your Connect account.

This is the real email I just changed the name.
Dear Jon Doe,

Your requested Windows Vista Ultimate key is now available for request on Connect. Please go to the following link: <stripted> and generate a key from the package entitled "Windows Vista RTM Ultimate Keys".

Key Notes:
1. You may only request one key.
2. You may not change your request for a an alternate SKU (Ultimate to Business).
3. This is a limited offer and you must request this key prior to December 10, 2006. No keys will be issued after this date.
4. Each key will activate one copy of Windows Vista. Please ensure you comply with the activation instructions outlined in the End-User License Agreement (EULA).
5. Please ensure you write this key down and store this in a safe place. If you lose this key, we have no ability to re-issue your key or provide a replacement. You will need this key if you should need to re-install.

Best regards,
Windows Beta Team

I'm so fricking excited... :) Whoot...

blast to have not been able to get in on this!! How do you become a beta tester to get in on things like this?

I got the email and I am activated :)

My question is this, if I went with the x64 version.. what are my options for the x86 version? I wanted to try that one out on my desktop too because I am not having *awesome* experiences with driver & game support on the x64 version and I dont see good performance increase anyways. Can I activate the 32bit version without issues?

Got mine this morning as well. not used it yet though, gonna back up stuff first. give the system a clean install

blast to have not been able to get in on this!! How do you become a beta tester to get in on things like this?

I do believe the testing is now over because I received another email thanking me again for submitting bugs and it stated there was no need to submit any more bugs to Microsoft.

Sorry. :(

All we need now is for developers to pull their finger our and finalise drivers for Vista.

ATI
Creative
Intel
Nvidia
And all other third party developers.

Last edited:
Add Intel to that list.

Yes the lack of drivers for the moment is whats holding me back was same for my X64 I waited well over a year before going all out 64 bit.

Add Intel to that list.

I just found some drivers for my chipset which were added on the 21/11/2006 although they state these are compatible with Vista Ultimate 32-bit edition.

Snapshot included.

Attachments

• Intel_vista_drivers.png
    Intel_vista_drivers.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 143

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back