Where have all the PS2's Gone?

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
I was shopping for a ps2 yesterday, and i went to 11 different stores all saying they were sold out, till i finally snagged one at a local k-mart. anyone know the reason for the shortage? someone said to me they are updating the laser so it can read all the colored discs that apparantly had been a problem? another store said sony was holding out till christmas and they were going to raise the price to 179.99 usd?

ya. lots of stores for some odd reason or another don't have PS2's. i know EB Games in a local mall winds up getting a few sometimes when they ship, but they're sold REAL fast. i'm not interested in PS2 though.

it's because they just dropped the price ;), means more demand. they are trying to get rid of old ps2's in order to bring out new playstation by christmass ;)

Just the slow time of year. Look for them in a month or two when they are resupplied for Christmas.

These days they are making the money on the games rather than the consoles so nobody wants to carry excess stock if they can help it, and consoles also take up alot of shop space in relation to their price.

my friend is offering to sell me a new ps2 for $80. its such a good deal. im thinkin about getin it but i wonder when ps3 is coming out (not psp)

$80 for PS2 sounds very good, especially given PS3 is at least a year away and PSP is only supposed to be as powerful as PS2. I know I was pleased to buy my Gamecube after the price cut, always worth looking for a good deal.;)

Henyman said:
it's because they just dropped the price ;), means more demand. they are trying to get rid of old ps2's in order to bring out new playstation by christmass ;)
That is correct. They will be releasing the PStwo shortly.

Called the PStwo, Sony's new console will be 30 percent smaller than the current PlayStation 2, but is expected to retail for the same price of $149
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6027494/

So essentially the PStwo is like the PSone from back in the day. Cool.

would have been nice if the game store ppl knew what the hell was going on.

i got a ? about the PStwo. Since its so small will u still be able to install the hard drive they have for the ps2? I was wondering cause i wanted to get the new pstwo for christmas but also wanted the hard drive thing.

If I remember correctly, they're releasing a new HD specifically for the PSTwo. Same for the multitap too I think.

That would e such a cool present though; the new PS looks absolutely gorgeous, like a mini laptop :)

The PSTwo will not support the HD. However, there will be a new multitap :)

prodj88 said:
my friend is offering to sell me a new ps2 for $80. its such a good deal. im thinkin about getin it but i wonder when ps3 is coming out (not psp)

i thought you already had the psp wasn't it the one you had on your msn display pic?

prodj88 said:

FOR 80 BUCKS, WHO CARES :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back