Where does WinXP store "itself" ??

LPDad

OSNN Addict
In Win 98 the windows install files were stored in C:\Windows\options\Cabs (or some such place :) ) so that on those occasions when you are prompted to insert the windows disc all you had to do was point to the files--rather than having to keep putting in the windows disk.

Question I have is... Are the WinXP files stored in a similar location so I don't have to keep using my WinXP disc ??

If they are ... Where ???
If not... well then I will just probably make my own folder--I just do not want to duplicate if I do not have to.

They are stored on your CD, lol...if your CD was stored in C:\Windows\options\cabs then thats how your manufacturer did it so they dont have to actually give u the windows CD, just the files...

Copy the i386 folder to your hard drive and get yourself a copy of 'Customizer XP." Look at the attachment to see where to change the installation folder location using this program:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back