where do you see MM games going?

Krux

Nissan Powered
Where do you see Massive Multiplayer games going? you think they will wither away into nothing or do you see them abosorbing all genre as they are currently doing (planetside FPS / everquest1/2 RPG and so on..)

I think they way there going now there gonna brance in most genre's as it stand most games that have multiplayer are getting support for bigger and bigger maps and more and more players.

I voted for the second one. I've never really played any of them, though I've had some experience with them.

Had a girlfriend that played everquest, hour after hour after hour....etc.

I'm not into the "chatty kathy" type of game. I need to have a winner and loser eventually. For me, there has to be a goal.

I cant just chat with people and slash a few snakes now and then. But, I'm starting to see, that most people enjoy this genre of chatting, hanging out, and being known within a certain community.

I respect other people's choices on games, I just wont be particpating in the mm gaming area.

MM's are good... but I can't see it as taking over everything out there...

a couple of the biggest drawbacks to MY participation are

1. the TIME it consumes from my daily schedule... I cannot find enough time to play the game and further my character and engage in quests while @ the same time keeping up with my social commitments and educational obligations..

2. the MONEY... and this is a really sticky subject for me... I ma paying enough as it is for online services as well as for the product... to charge as much as most MM's do @ the moment ... a large monthly fee basically... is ludicrous...

a nominal fee would be more like it...

note that not all MM's released will have such large and loyal fans..

consider the most played online game @ the moment is a FREE mod of a 5yr old game... Counterstrike... and it is played FREE...

Originally posted by Sazar
MM's are good... but I can't see it as taking over everything out there...

a couple of the biggest drawbacks to MY participation are

1. the TIME it consumes from my daily schedule... I cannot find enough time to play the game and further my character and engage in quests while @ the same time keeping up with my social commitments and educational obligations..

2. the MONEY... and this is a really sticky subject for me... I ma paying enough as it is for online services as well as for the product... to charge as much as most MM's do @ the moment ... a large monthly fee basically... is ludicrous...

a nominal fee would be more like it...

note that not all MM's released will have such large and loyal fans..

consider the most played online game @ the moment is a FREE mod of a 5yr old game... Counterstrike... and it is played FREE...

actually the most online played game right now is Linage with 2.5 million people playing it. (its a MM game in japan hasn't come here yet, even beats EQ thats kinda scary considering EQ only has 400k ppl playing it.) and I didn't mean take over them all I just ment in a general way I don't expect there would be a MM checkers or anything ;) I just mean like the games around right now like all the FPS games the servers are getting bigger and bigger I just think after awhile there gonna phase out all the big servers into one huge server IE: Diablo~~~~>EQ/AC HL/Tribes~~~~>Planet side..

just some thoughts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back