where do i find Media Center Edition 2005?

mark

OSNN Newbie
where to download MCE 2005????does anyone know where to get it?
i have checkd everywhere, i have 2004 and when i bought my hp media center i was told that i could update it online, and i can't find it,,,please help

Contact HP support. They might be able to offer you an upgrade. :)

Actually you are misguided, MCE is simply a modified version of XP and is NOT integrated into any hardware. In order to take full advantage of the product you will need certain pieces of hardware, but the OS is in no way integrated into these pieces. MCE is not sold via retail channels because of the support issues that would have to be dealt with when throwing a mediacentric OS into the wild on millions of untested combinations of hardware.

CipheR

CipheR said:
Actually you are misguided, MCE is simply a modified version of XP and is NOT integrated into any hardware.
I think what LeeJend meant to say when he said "integrated with hardware" is that the OS ships with new computers only (i.e. it's an OEM license). At least that's the way I read it. :)

Actually I believe MCE 05 can be purchased without having to get a whole system but the only ones I've seen are retail OEM's which means you would need to get a piece of hardware.

I also agree in contacting HP in regards to this if you were told you would be able to update it

thanks for the replies, i'm guessing there is no website where i can just download the upgrade. i'm going to contact hp support and see what they have to say, like i said i was told that i could download the upgrade for MCE2005 when i bought my computer and i really only bought the computer to link it up with my xbox, and wasnt expecting to pay for the upgrade, hopefully they can do something?
thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back