Where did that user go?

I

i_pedal

I have a user, me, who has quit showing up on the login screen even though that name is still present under Documents and Settings.
How do I get it to show up?
thanks,
bill g

Have you used any tweak programs or anything recently that might of changed the list of people that show up on the login screen? I've seen options to change the listed users in tweak programs, but not sure where to change it if just using XP

Not that I know of. It shows up in safe mode and I can login with that name. I'll have to check out one of the tweak things, maybe I can get it back that way.
bill g

now is this a user acct you created? or is it the admin acct that was created by default?

you can select which users appear on the login screen using the Windows TweakUI, availible with the PowerToys

Qumahlin,
It's an admin acct. I've since discovered that these don't show up on the regular login. Correct?
thanks for reply
bill g

Well, I can log on as an admin with the "lost" identity in safe mode, but in the regular boot I get "Unable to log on due to an account restriction". Then I can logon as my other admin id.
Anyone know what's up with that?
thanks again,
bill g

If you are using XP home you can only login to the named "administrator" account from safe mode.

If you are using XP pro just download the MS powertoys and you can set it to show the admin acct on the login screen

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back