Where can I get USB 2.0 ports for my case?

I shouldnt really matter. As long as the header you plug them into on the mobo is USB 2.0 speed, all the front ports are is simple wires and connectors, and has no real effect on the speed or version of USB that goes through them.

JJB

No, it's not the motherboard, it has 6 rear USB 2.0 ports, and then a USB 2.0 header on the mobo to be connected to the front.

I have read on Intel's site for this case that the front USB heads are not 2.0...

Like he said. It's all in the MB. Most systems have a couple of 1.1 and a couple of 2.0. The 1.1 are a left over from older chipsets and they then add the 2.0 with an extra chip.

And the wiring does matter. If you run a 2.0 device to a 2.0 MB over 1.1 cable you will likely get data corruption and drop outs. They use special methods to handle the higher speeds in the 2.0 cables. Same deal with Ethernet. Cat 3 wire is ok for 10 mbps but you need cat 5 wire for 100 mbps. You may get lucky on short runs but it's just that, luck.

Having said that. You might get by with the short run from the header to the front case connectors. If you have a problem there are drive bay connector panels. You might be able to buy one and canabalize it for the cable and connectors to swap out with what came with the case.

Locally Frys, Best Buy, CompUSA, amybe Radio Shlock

If all else fails contact Antec. Also, what MB? If it has all USB 2 headers all the supplied cables should be USB 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back