where can i buy this os?

unknown_user

i got 2 question

1-where can i buy windows 95? i try searching for it on kazaa, ares and limewire but i cant find it so i decided to buy it.

2-what are the minimun system requirement to install windows 98? i try searching on google but once again i didnt found it.

emeritus said:
I have one question, why?

i found a old pc and i was thinking that maybe i can use it as a "family pc" for homework and all that stuff but i have to reformat the hd.

pc specs are:
pentium 100 mhz
16ram
and i think the onboard videocard dosent even has 1 mb

well you could special order it from microsoft iguess you could call them up and stuff

install xp on it :D it'll just about run :cool: or probebly even better is 2k ;)

I have a few copies laying around. No keys for them though, but there is a way,,.......

But why not try Linux on it? It's free, you get a office suite free, and better games (sometimes).

I have an old P100 laptop I'm running Win98SE on. It's going as good as a P100 can. The only thing I can't find to work with it is wireless networking. I've bought different kinds of cards and even e-mailed the manufacturers and they tell me my laptop won't support wireless networking.

Steevo said:
I have a few copies laying around. No keys for them though, but there is a way,,.......

But why not try Linux on it? It's free, you get a office suite free, and better games (sometimes).
its going to be a family pc, and my sister dosent even understand windows.......i cant imagine her using linux

if she doesnt understand windows, then there is nothing stopping here from learning linux. Ubuntu btw :)

unknown_user said:
its going to be a family pc, and my sister dosent even understand windows.......i cant imagine her using linux

you are missing a whole point here - someone that does NOT understand Windows is MUCH BETTER POSITIONED to be "happy" with Linux....

we need to know a little more about what you are aiming to achieve here - but please please do not crucify yopurself PAYING for 95 - if you must do the weird backwards thing then go with 98SE - I can see some point to that, my daughters PIII runs it quite happily and would have a hard time with XP....

Incidentally as soon as my daughter is old enough to understand what we are doing I shall be making that old PII a dual boot machine for her (but she is not four yet! And I want her to make selections like whether we go with KDE or Gnome etc etc so we will see, but basically if I get her a fluffy penguin I think she will see the smart way to go right now, hehe)

unknown_user said:
and btw the hard drive is 1.2gb

send me your address and I'll post you a spare 4GB HD I have floating around if you refund shipping - seriously you can upgrade that for next to nothing - no need to suffer with that, it will not be useable for anything real.

Mainframeguy said:
you are missing a whole point here - someone that does NOT understand Windows is MUCH BETTER POSITIONED to be "happy" with Linux....

we need to know a little more about what you are aiming to achieve here - but please please do not crucify yopurself PAYING for 95 - if you must do the weird backwards thing then go with 98SE - I can see some point to that, my daughters PIII runs it quite happily and would have a hard time with XP....

Incidentally as soon as my daughter is old enough to understand what we are doing I shall be making that old PII a dual boot machine for her (but she is not four yet! And I want her to make selections like whether we go with KDE or Gnome etc etc so we will see, but basically if I get her a fluffy penguin I think she will see the smart way to go right now, hehe)

i understand your point but the thing is that windows is easier than linux to understand and i dont live with my sister i live with my grandmother so she is on her own. everytime she got homework she comes here so im trying to fix an old computer so she can atleast use notepad. and i was thinking about installing windows 98 thats why i ask for the minimum system requirements cause this pc only have 16mb of ram but its not a bad idea trying linux.

and another things is i own a knoppix live cd but the thing is that its a old pc so it boots from the floppy drive. what can i do to get into linux?

why dont you just buy a new machine and leave this one install linux on it or turn it into some dumb terminal or seomthing maybe in 10yrs ppl would pay to get that computers who knows :D

E-mail me. I have a spare Win98SE and/or 95 laying around. I will send it to you!

I'm sorry but linux won't run X on that PC well. The only thing that PC would be useful for is a firewall.

unknown_user, go to Yahoo [shopping.yahoo.com] and type in "Windows 95" as your query. You'll find numerous results.

Minimum requirements for Windows 98:

• 486DX 66-MHz or faster processor (Pentium recommended)
• 16 megabytes (MB) of memory (24 MB recommended)
• 195 MB of free hard disk space (the required space may vary from 120 MB to 295 MB, depending on your computer's configuration and the options you choose to install)
• CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
• 3.5-inch high-density floppy disk drive
• Video adapter and monitor that support VGA or higher resolution
• Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

To some of the people who have replied... the person asked how to get Windows 95. I realize you wanted to help but frankly it's annoying to ask a question and know why you are asking it and instead get "suggestions" about doing something else. They want Windows 95. Help them find it.

To those who did reply about Windows 95 w/o making "suggestions" to do something different, I'm glad to see it :)

rotjong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back