Where are e-mail files?

David_L6

OSNN Addict
What is the suffix for e-mail files in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007? When I used Outlook Express I could do a search for .dbx files and find them. Anyone know what to search for when using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007?

.pst - depends on what os your using too, easiest way to find them is to got to control panel (if 64bit select view 32bit control panel items) mail, and click data files, will show you the location of your files

default location on vista is C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook

not too sure on xp as memory isnt as good as it was

C:\documents and settings\username\Application Data\Local\Microsoft\Outlook - or something like that

C:\documents and settings\username\Application Data\Local\Microsoft\Outlook - or something like that

You got local and application data backwards...

And I think it's 'local settings'

c:\documents and settings\username\local settings\application data\Microsoft\Outlook I believe. (Oh... and local settings is a hidden folder)

i did say i want sure as i haven't used xp in a while, did you read that bit ?

OS is XP Pro 32 bit BTW.

I found the .pst file by both the method posted above and through a search. It's one file though. I was hoping to find the files like they show up with Outlook Express (.dbx files)..... (inbox, sent, deleted, etc.) I guess that's not possible.

Thanks a lot for the help.

You should be able to export them from Outlook to .eml format if all else fails.

You can export directly to .pst and then import them again, no need to use .eml if going to be using Outlook again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back