Whens a good time to expose your kids to the computer?

Yeah, and soon every kid out there will be using computers and all they will know is how to interact with the computer, won't be able to have proper hand writing (My handwriting is so bad I had teachers in high school tell me I had to type everything, including notes), and no social skills at all. There is a good and a bad to everything.
No way!, my friend had that too!
of course it wasnt do to the computer, its just cause he couldnt write for the life of him :)

he had to use an alphasmart, he looked so silly :)

X and marge couldn't agree more, my hand writing is pathetic, but i do have the excuse of being left handed...

But i think schools need an extra class, communication, that covers everything from proper caligraphy to good social communication (not pc communication mind you), that would cover how to handle situations correctly and use correct language etc...

As long as its in moderation, I see no problem with using a computer.

My dad got us one when I was 6 I think.

X and marge couldn't agree more, my hand writing is pathetic, but i do have the excuse of being left handed...
That's got now't to do with it,I'm left handed too and my handwritings perfectly fine :rolleyes: :lick:

I used to admire english teachers, until I saw the total amount of work they brought home to read...At that point in time, I could understand the need for them to demand that everything is typed. It makes everything easier to read. Really nice fanciful cursive is a pain in the ass to read , especially a 10 page report or such.

Besides, proper cursive is becoming obsolete.

I used to admire english teachers, until I saw the total amount of work they brought home to read...At that point in time, I could understand the need for them to demand that everything is typed.
I have to type ALL my college work up and it's the most tedious thing about this whole course.
I enjoy doing the work and writing notes up but I detest the typing part,even all diagrams and floor plans had to be done on the computer.Just the thought of it bored me to tears and I really couldn't face it so I did it all on paper and asked my son to lay it out on the pc and print it off for me :dead:
I've got my last assignment all written out so it's just a case of typing it up and I can't be arsed doing it. Each assignment (7 of the bloody things) are about 14-15 pages long. I've been telling myself I'll do it tomorrow since Friday afternoon :speechless:

That's got now't to do with it,I'm left handed too and my handwritings perfectly fine :rolleyes: :lick:

It doesnt count you are female by gender alone your hand writing as a whole *females vs males*
Is much easier on the eyes....

Pfffff your the traitor,us cuddy wifters should stick together and declare anything the righties do we can do better :lick: :laugh:

And this is total "rubbish" as youd say over there...

Heh

Actually I'd say crap :eek:gre:

rubbish_bin203_203x152.jpg

its true my wifes hand writing is amazing, she is an artist, so this may have something to do with it.

its true my wifes hand writing is amazing, she is an artist, so this may have something to do with it.
Not sure if it is a female thing cause I have good handwriting skills which I get from my grandad and my dad who used to be a sign writer in his spare time but I could never be an artist,I can't draw or paint to save my life.
My dad,my grandad and my daughter are excellent at art and drawing but sadly that gene was never passed onto me,it's something I would love to be able to do though :s

evil i think there is a good corrolation between good handwriting and a good artist, perhaps you just haven't found it yet?

evil i think there is a good corrolation between good handwriting and a good artist, perhaps you just haven't found it yet?

I would have to agree Lancer, maybe she just hasnt found the correct medium yet...

Music?

Sculpture?

Photography?

Painting?

Charcoal sketches?

Well Marge???

Dont keep us waiting...

... excellent at art and drawing but sadly that gene was never passed onto me...
I used to think along those lines - then I did a good introductory course (sort of "have a go at art" thing) and as a result of ten evening classes of two hours or so each I have completely revised my opinion.... This does not mean I can draw well or anything - but it does mean that I know I could LEARN to...

Furthermore I did learn abotu the left right brain thing - and that is far more significant than any genetic trait - so given that you are a "cuddy wifter" and female to boot I am awaiting with bated breath the artistic output that could ensue....

I like the way this thread has gone totally OT by the way.

Music? Nope,only to listen to

Sculpture? Nope

Photography? Nope,all my pics come out blurry

Painting? Definitely not,only walls

Charcoal sketches? Nope

Have tried all the above at one time or other but honestly I just don't have it *shrugs*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back