when will MS start selling XP Pro with SP1 builtin

J

jkoXP

if they have already, where can I get it? googlegear.com isnt selling it...

I think they will start in October or later. I read that somewhere on the net. If I find it again will post the info

Usually a month or two after it comes out, I said usually.

:cool:

Yes, I believe they will ... but it won't be so soon. Probably sometime next month.

For PC users today, there are several ways to get Windows XP SP1:
Download it from the Windows XP SP1 Web site.
Order the Windows XP SP1 CD from the Windows XP SP1 Web site. You will be charged a fee of $9.95 (USD) or $14.95 (CDN), including shipping and handling charges.
Purchase a new PC beginning fall 2002—some systems will come with Windows XP SP1 pre-installed.
Purchase the full or upgrade version of Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional—the installation CD will contain Windows XP SP1 beginning late fall 2002.

Well that was what I was able to find on M$ site related to the SP1 and when it can be purchased with the full XP release

if its like every other NT product, NT, 2000, the sp will just come as a second disk might be preloaded on a bought computer but the sp code isnt added to the xp disk code on one disk.......

every new computer ive setup(nt and 2000) came with a os disk and the latest sp disk used to have hundreds od 2k sp1 disks laying around, make good dew coasters :D :D :D

hmm, oh well, i am about to buy another copy of xp, and was hopin i wouldnt have to wait that long to have it slipped streamed.. i guess i could actually make a slip streamed ver of it

it wont come slipstreamed......... or combined into os disk........ never has before, unless cause of all the lawsuits stuff they do remake it

Why can't we just trade up to the official MS slipstreamed xp for a modest cost? Surely that could be done. Knowing MS it won't be. :(

Originally posted by spikemic
it wont come slipstreamed......... or combined into os disk........ never has before, unless cause of all the lawsuits stuff they do remake it

I read somewhere that it will be released in october. If you want it there is heaps on this forum that tell you how to do it

it will be something new then if they do... has never been done before. the 2k os disk you buy today new is same as final back when it went gold....... the sp come out on another disk and you ally the newest fror the day.......... all nt products are that way its the way they were designed, the modular approach. un like the 9x code where they would repress

Originally posted by jkoXP
i have a win2k pro cd oem that has sp1 slipstreamed

well then maybe since they are making so much more money now with activation and dont have as many OS's to take care of they have to time to do it.

actually more i think about it with all the activation hoopla included in the sp, they prob will so theres no more older copies of XP out there without it to crack/use

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back