What's your uptime?

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!
What's your uptime on your PC/mac?

I've seen that some of you leave it on 24/7, so you guys should have some amazing uptimes!

Mine is at 67 hours, 26 minutes at the moment :)

err... does hibernation count?
The Network Connect status showed me once that I've had my laptop on for about 13days xx hours on/off - I did it with the use of putting the system into hibernation... lol :p

Mine's with hibernation, lol.

I accidentally restarted it some time ago!

well.. i dont use hibernation

i think my longest uptime must've been about 3-4 days.. prolly restarted after some (un)install
or maybe just to get some silence @ night :D

well.. i dont use hibernation

i think my longest uptime must've been about 3-4 days.. prolly restarted after some (un)install
or maybe just to get some silence @ night :D

Over 100 days for me.

up.jpg

Noob question! How does one check his PC uptime? Is there any way to see the longest (or all) uptime ever of my pc?

Noob question! How does one check his PC uptime? Is there any way to see the longest (or all) uptime ever of my pc?

Type the following command:
Systeminfo | Find "Up Time"

I just googled "check windows uptime"

Which proves my number i posted was wrong. Mine shows 65 Days, 13 Hours. I wonder if it has something to do with two CPUs? every second being counted as two?

My Linux box is at 73 days and counting... (would be more without power outages, thankfully I have a UPS now as of last boot)

As far as my desktop, not so great, I used to be an uptime whore, but I don't really care about it all that much anymore, and with my dual-booting between Windows XP and OS X (Yay Hackintosh) it doesn't tend to be that great anyway. Currently at just a day and a half. (Spend most of my time in OS X, but was in Windows gaming Friday night.)

Back when I was in a purely Windows world, my record was about 70 days until I got bored and rebooted. :p

My Linux box is at 73 days and counting... (would be more without power outages, thankfully I have a UPS now as of last boot)

As far as my desktop, not so great, I used to be an uptime whore, but I don't really care about it all that much anymore, and with my dual-booting between Windows XP and OS X (Yay Hackintosh) it doesn't tend to be that great anyway. Currently at just a day and a half. (Spend most of my time in OS X, but was in Windows gaming Friday night.)

Back when I was in a purely Windows world, my record was about 70 days until I got bored and rebooted. :p

I've been using hibernate to reduce my power usage. I have not rebooted since January when a fuse blew (my apartment is that old) I barely saved it from rebooting when windows update was trying to force me to reboot with a 5 minute timer every 20 minutes but I stopped it by killing the service.

This computer is a 2.8ghz pentium D running XP MC SP2 with one 250GB and one 320GB drive and only used to watch movies and browse the web, as it's hooked up to a 42" plasma.

I've thought about running linux on it as nothing that I do is platform specific, but it's stability doesn't motivate me to change anything.

Type the following command:
Systeminfo | Find "Up Time"

The systeminfo command will not work on XP Home.

On XP Home enter this in a command prompt: net statistics workstation

Look at the line by the top that says something similar to Statistics since 5/4/2002 9:07 AM.

Last edited:
$ uptime
18:33:29 up 2:00, 2 users, load average: 0.13, 0.07, 0.15

Booted 2 hours ago, heh. I usually don't leave my computer on at night anyway.

uptime
21:34 up 7 days, 4:52, 2 users, load averages: 1.28 1.11 0.86

*edit* - Win box - System Up Time: 8 Days, 3 Hours, 29 Minutes, 47 Secounds

22:24 up 3:58, 2 users, load averages: 0.56 0.53 0.56, it's a macbook 2.16 ghz running os x 10.5.2

Last time I checked with my current system, which was 4 months ago, I recorded down 1 Week, 2 Days. Thought lately I have been restarted all the time.

Henyman.com: 9:18am up 43 days, 9:28, 0 users, load average: 3.31, 3.43, 3.36
Home laptop: aprox 6 weeks, Hibernation rules :p

My old ass desktop's own record is 42 days. Other than being a host for the network's printer and the occasional word processing, its pretty much idle all the time.

ubuntu O/S - about 18 days. 'course every 20 boots or so it forces a disk check and finds lots of errors..someday I should do something about that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back