whats your future upgrades gonna be?

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i think mine is going to be like this...

new 19'' samsung dynaflat CRT monitor (i wish i oculd get flat panel but soo expensive)

2200+ athlon xp processor

more RAM, probably 512mb more!

santa cruz sound card and some altec speakers!

cheap beige case w/atleast 400W power supply

and a DVD ROM! :)

OH AND GEFORCE FX5200.

dang i just noticed this is like a geting a new computer. o well! LOL

wait damnit i need a bigger hard drive. OK NOW THIS IS PRACTICALLY LIKE GETING A NEW PC lol.......

There is an "Edit" button if you want to add to your posts every minute, you know.

Originally posted by NetRyder
There is an "Edit" button if you want to add to your posts every minute, you know.

:D

sorry. anyway.......i also wanted to ask if "philips" was a good brand? im thinking about geting a monitor from that compnay. the thing is that i had a philips cdrw and it got defective withi n a year......my friend said philips sucks. or do they just such at making CD writers?

I'm gonna upgrade my bed for a new nice comfortable one cause the springs are coming through.....Does that count ???:D :D

Originally posted by Evil Marge
I'm gonna upgrade my bed for a new nice comfortable one cause the springs are coming through.....Does that count ???:D :D

you've been *cough*"sleeping"*cough**cough* on it 2 much;)

Originally posted by [CpK]Bastid
that must b sore for your knees and elbows:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Believe me a spring in your kneecap is extremely painful :huh:

I'm thinkin this:

Intel P4 3.06ghz(at least) HT CPU
Asus or MSI Canterwood based chipset motherboard
512MB - 1GB Corsair DDR400 ram
a pair of the WD Raptor SATA 10k RPM drives with 8MB cache for RAID 0 =)

plus I'll have enough parts left to put together a second PC! The start of mah first home network

Originally posted by Evil Marge
Believe me a spring in your kneecap is extremely painful

Originally posted by Krux

HAHHA no doubt:D

speaking from experience:eek: :rolleyes: :p

left = old monitor .......... KDS rad-9 19"lcd
right = new monitor........ Samsung 210t 21" lcd

I dunno. Either:

AthlonXP2600+ (w/333FSB) and an nForce2 mobo

or

ATI Radeon 9700 (or 9800) Pro

Leaning more towards the ATI card. I don't think the mobo/CPU combo will give me the most bang for the buck compared to what I have now.

prodj88, I'll respond to your question about the Philips monitor. I checked a few reviews on ZDNet, and for the most part, the monitors got an above average review. If I were you, I would check out KDS, because I believe they are Sony Trinitron's on the inside, and they are much cheaper. But whatever you do, I would check around for reviews before you buy something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back