Whats the problem w/zonealarm?

Beginning

I'm Beginning Somehow...
Why would the da*n thing shut down on it's own.. I'm having some grief. Almost imposable to keep it up..

Any ideas?

Ok I don't know much to suggest other than to

run an av scan,

spyware/adware scans (a few good ones to try are spybot search and destroy, ad-aware, spysweeper, pestpatrol, and bazooka scanner(though it is kinda more targeted to only find certain comp nasties),

try updating your firewall to see if there is a fix for the problem

I was having a problem where it would freeze my laptop to the point I had to physically shut it off and reboot, since I removed ZoneAlarm it hasnt locked up.

**knocks on wood**

This started happening to me after the newest winupdate. started getting 'vector monitor has closed, do you want to restart?'

Thanks guys for the tips.. It hasn't done it for a day or so since..

If the problem comes back and it is mal-ware shutting it down try setting a password to control zonealarm.

i used to have a problem with zonealarm freezing my pc with a BSOD...every single time. i decided to uninstall it completely for a while...i think i let like 3 weeks pass, and then i installed a new version, and the problem dissappeared. try finding an older version and running it...see if the problem persists. if it does, then u have some nasty spyware/malware/whatever-ware on the system...

If i remember right on of the versions had some problems. Cant think of the version off hand but i downgraded and it was fine.

what edition was it ?? if it was with antivirus or web filters then yes that is normal. What happens is it locks up while scanning, or blopping. It can't handle the multitasking operation.

The Zone Labs Forum has info about it ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back