whats the life expectany of a cd writer

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
???? my other one broke down in a year. is it suppose to be like that???? and does the life expectancy go down if you use it more often.

Originally posted by prodj88
???? my other one broke down in a year. is it suppose to be like that???? and does the life expectancy go down if you use it more often.
It all depends on the type and price.
Its usually an easy equation, the more it costs, the longer itl live.
A friend of myns CDRW is still working after about 3 years, but he bought it for 500$ at the time :eek: and its a 4x4x16 drive.

cool. IM NEVER GETING PHILIPS AGAIN. anyway i have a liteon now. its a 48x and it was like 80 bucks i think. i've had it for a year. i hope it can last me 3more years!

I have an old external, I mean old as in 5 years old, still works now.

if its broke and dont read right there may be dust on the laser... failing that the motors burnt out

but all depends on how you use it

i.e

a career pirates cd-rw will last a year

average bod will be longer

I have an Artec 32x12x48x CD-RW, kinda crappy company, but I've written more then 600 CD's with this, and it's working fine for about a year now :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back