Whats the fastest youve downloaded ?

Z

zman

At work i was getting 225Kb/sec == lots of mp3 from Kazza :)

and loving it

at home on DSL 70Kb/sec

i want a t3 connection at home

I've gotten over 350Kb/sec+ at home, that was of course before @home filed for Chapter 11 and AT&T took over, capping my upload speed at 1.5Mbps (used to peak at around 3.7Mbps or more)...

Bastards... :) Anyway, not bad for cable, until you take into account the 128K upload cap... lol

Also, I live in the ghetto so I'm sure I'm one of maybe 50 people on my entire street with a computer, let alone a cable modem... hehe

mavis

very very max at around 860KB/sec which settled down to 540KB/sec. I dont know how I did it with @home. this was like 5 months ago tho

this is true of highwind777, because he spends his time 24/7 tweaking his computer. he has no life.

:)

I don't know about fastest downloads, but I've uploaded at around 6mbits a second, and that's on NTL Cable with 512k/128k. My friend's download of Abode Photoshop 6 was done in no time :D

I once downloaded a UNIX OS from Sun Microsystems, the speed came in around 700kb, the highest peak was about 735kb and the lowest was around 350kb. Must say, for a download as huge as almost one gig, it didn't take very long! :)

Thank yourselves lucky

If only i could get broadband internet access in my area

My highest download speed is 7.5kps as the highest speed net access i can get is ISDN (64k)

The tel companies in the UK SUCK big styleeee!!!!:(

This is true: i downloaded at 7.9 KB/s one time. :)

it usually is around 7.5... :)

ISDN rocks. (not) :(

Still waiting for broadband to be available where i live.

hmmm

atm my adsl ISP BT Openworld are a bit messed up... been able to download 2 times the speed i should be able to, been getting 110-120 - stable instead of the 64 i am ment to :) been going on for about 2 and a half weeks... I don't mind though :)

MdSalih

I'm surprised you can even use BTOpenWoe, MdSilah :) I tried it, and was immediately disappointed with the service been constantly down and slow speeds (4-5kbps) when it did eventually came up.

NTL isn't that much better for the majority of its customers, but the quality of service where I live is excellent :)

AHH!!!! 4-5kpbs?!!! thats worse than 28.8K modems!!! thats like 0.8K/sec!

Fastest... probably around 380k/s with my cable modem from Road Runner. It's not too bad of a speed but my upload speed really REALLY stinks!
headshake.gif

I have downloaded at 7.62 megs and even 10 megs 1 time. Speed is great and addictive :p

rofl ZeroChaos. I don't mean to diss you, but 4-5kbps is shit and is not the average 56K connection speed. 56K is usually around 4-5kiloBytes per second or 32-40kbps.

Fastest ever 5 mbps, usually 1.5 -3 mbps on cable modem. I guess I'm lucky after reading some of the earlier posts.

Originally posted by Highwind7777
rofl ZeroChaos. I don't mean to diss you, but 4-5kbps is shit and is not the average 56K connection speed. 56K is usually around 4-5kiloBytes per second or 32-40kbps.

:eek:

Guess that's the state of 'Broadband Britian' then :)

/me pats my NTL Cable Modem :)

Speed!

Hehe, I guess this is not fair, but I mostly use a rented line that has a max of 100MBPS. Never downloaded from a server that has that upload speed though, so I have never tested it to the max.

Here's a picture from me downloading a redhat 7.2 iso-file yesterday:
http://www.ia-stud.hiof.no/~andreasp/dload.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back