Votes: 14 87.5%
  • MSI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gigabyte

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

zandyrei

TinySoft
Guys, whats the best motherboard for you?
somebody offered me:
  • MSI
  • Gigabyte
  • Foxconn
  • Redfox
is there any brand you need to add? i very tired looking at their Website...
i know you guys know best....

LMAO, not on the list.

Of the choices It is toss up between MSI and Gigabyte (screw the other two).

If you are an overclocker MSI usually offers more features.
If you want rock solid stability and limited overclocking Gigabyte.

Neither is a bad choice. ASUS is probably better since it offers both.

Now that I said all that, it only applies if they have the same chipset. Different chipsets offer different features and performance.

LeeJend said:
LMAO, not on the list.

Of the choices It is toss up between MSI and Gigabyte (screw the other two).

If you are an overclocker MSI usually offers more features.
If you want rock solid stability and limited overclocking Gigabyte.

Neither is a bad choice. ASUS is probably better since it offers both.

Now that I said all that, it only applies if they have the same chipset. Different chipsets offer different features and performance.
You should make a poll,
I have found a lot of people are more apt to vote rather than respond, definately include Asus though, its a fairly main board...
I can personally recommend Asus as well

I have to suggest ASUS as well. I had a Gigabyte and it died, got a ASUS replacement at half the price and it has like double the features.

I like msi and asus, i replaced a mb on a buddys computer and used a MSI, i just liked the preformance side, you can tell, but im not sure what your plans are with the mb, replacment or new build...

Not sure if its as good as other mbs but my simple asus a8n-e has a really good onboard audio by my standards, it might even be 6.1 (i only use 5.1)

Ahhh
I still think a poll would help although im pretty sure there are alot of people here liking Asus.
What are you planning on having in the machine?

I have to say, for out of the box performance and features, ASUS is one of my top choices. But for overclocking, I've found that MSI and DFI perform the best. For rock solid stability, Tyan and Gigabyte usually rank high. For inexpensive feature does the job board, PC-Chips does very well. So I personally feel it's a very tough choice. It all depends on what you are doing with it.

You're forgetting some other major players:

MSI
DFI
ABIT
TYAN
Biostar
EPox
ASRock
Intel

Not to mention some of the other less known brands like:

EVGA
Sapphire
Albatron
Mach Speed
PCChips
Soltek
Foxconn
ECS
AOpen

I am no fanboy - had ASUS and MSI - considered buying Gigabyte too... so all three for me, not voting because they are all good in different ways and as I see it it is purely down to individual needs (post models and I'd vote though!)

gigabyte boards are stubborn - I hd one run a server for a year with a cracked mosfet :) just wouldnt die unless it got a bit warm :p

Gentleman, I have use both MSI, and currently using a gigabyteGA-k8ns, it has been a very stable MB, I myself started with MSI boards and one burn up on me. MB are alot like beer, you have to take a taste before you the one you like. And Vanquished I do like Gigabyte's style.

guys.. can you say some disadvantages of MSI boards vs ASUS and Gigabyte?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back