What's the best BT client?

Khayman said:
I use Azureus and i still had to setup port fowarding to make it work properly
Your router probably isn't UPnP-aware then. Both the software and the router need to be for dynamic port forwarding to work properly.

I was using Bit Tornado, I really liked it, except you had to open a different port for every conenction, but then I had a problem with it stalling after every couple hundred megs downloaded. It would work fine for a while, then it would start stalling but it only seemed like it was doing it on only one tracker, then it started stalling on more downloads and finally everything was stalling on me, tried reinstalling etc, but no luck. Now I use Azureus, it has a nice interface but I find that it takes up a good bit of system resources and I'm also finding that I don't seem to get the speeds on it that I had with Bit Tornado. Azureus is more like a Kazza or Napster style interface, so if you have used any of those kind of program you might find it a bit more familiar.

Still G3 for me ... and yes I have tried just about everyone out there.

Just started using bit-lord last week. Some very customizable options, but don't like the default search screen on the left. Hey sadhra, any idea how to get rid of that?

Azureus is a resource hog. Java in it uses so many resources it brought my pc to a crawl. There for I am trying G3 Torrent, it is nice so far .. I am liking it .. It has a nice gui, and nice speed .. Seems to be faster than azurues also ...

Johnny said:
Azureus is a resource hog. Java in it uses so many resources it brought my pc to a crawl. There for I am trying G3 Torrent, it is nice so far .. I am liking it .. It has a nice gui, and nice speed .. Seems to be faster than azurues also ...

I have found the same with Azureus, with azeureus running I couldnt do anything else with my PC, the latest version seems a little better, but after finishing dowloanding something I allways have to re-boot my PC. I used to use G3.....i'm thinking of going back to it.

lad_in_brum said:
I have found the same with Azureus, with azeureus running I couldnt do anything else with my PC, the latest version seems a little better, but after finishing dowloanding something I allways have to re-boot my PC. I used to use G3.....i'm thinking of going back to it.
I am finding that I like g3 the more I use it. It is nice and smooth. It dosen't use nearly as many resources as azurues does ...

G3 gets my vote!

Azureus is really ncie and all but when it brings a p4 2.8 with 1gb ram to a grinding halt theres a problem in the programming somewhere.

G3 is a dream :) just as nice without the hog.

LordOfLA said:
Azureus is really ncie and all but when it brings a p4 2.8 with 1gb ram to a grinding halt theres a problem in the programming somewhere.
Or kernel panics an OSX machine, just because it has 2 cpu's :p luckily that's fixed now though, it doesn't really run too badly at all anymore, lots of tweakin' been going on in the Azureus stables methinks :)

As you can see, most of the people love Azureus, and I have to agree! I have used many BT Clients that are out there, and I find this one to be the best. It has clear and easy tools, and it's simple! You gotta go with this one.

I've been using the newest version of bittorrent, 3.9. I was using bitcomet but I'm starting to like the official better.

Azureus is really nice. The java in it just kills my pc. I am liking this g3 so much that I uninstalled azurues and will be using it more. Maybe when they update azurues a little more I will go back to it .. It's funny though because I never really had a problem with resources in azurues until the new one came out and I got java 05 for it, the earlier versions there was a lag but near as bad as it is now ..

Got to be BitTornado for the simplicity and also has advaned features if you want to use them.

The new eXeem should beat all of them when it is released, hopefully very soon, the interface is really nice and testers say the speed is excellent.

as for any program that has alternatives, like browsers, text editors, and firewalls, you have to use all of them and see which one suits you the best. I have used all of the BT clients except for bittornado or ones that have popped up recently. But I have always gone back to ABC cause of the advanced options and the small amount of resources it uses.

The main reason I love to use ABC is because when I am playing cz or cs 1.6 or cs source I can have ABC running in the background and have almost no problems whatsoever. that's why I will never use azureus...eventhough it's a good program it just takes up to many resources

Tuffgong4 said:
as for any program that has alternatives, like browsers, text editors, and firewalls, you have to use all of them and see which one suits you the best. I have used all of the BT clients except for bittornado or ones that have popped up recently. But I have always gone back to ABC cause of the advanced options and the small amount of resources it uses.

The main reason I love to use ABC is because when I am playing cz or cs 1.6 or cs source I can have ABC running in the background and have almost no problems whatsoever. that's why I will never use azureus...eventhough it's a good program it just takes up to many resources
Have you tried G3?

Does anyone use eDonkey here? I've tried the BT plug-in for it and it doesn't seem all that bad actually.
Are there BT clients that actually search for stuff like other p2p apps?

I've officially moved away from G3 and switched back to Azureus. I am so fed up with the uncertainty of it's development. No one really is developing it anymore, and the active developer instead of putting his efforts in G3 is starting a new project called BitMagnet. BitMagnet although similar to G3 will not have what I came to G3 for, flexibility. This and the fact that G3 hasn't updated it's support for trackers with newer protocols is frustrating. It was a great project, but until it gets developers and the future is drawn out for it, I'm not going back to a dead project.

As for edonkey, I use MLDonkey. It runs on my Linux box so I don't actually have to use a client for it on my workstation. It supports multiple protocols also, as well as BT, although I haven't used it for BT.

Isn't BitMagnet something to do with the new SuprNova client, eXeem?

SPeedY_B said:
Isn't BitMagnet something to do with the new SuprNova client, eXeem?

Nope, BitMagnet is a fork of the G3 client or based off of it.

bitmagnet.sf.net

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back