whats that 20% bandwith thing...

hey im about to re install xp and clean eerything on my computer b/c theres too many errors going on~! could you guys remind me of what i need to do after to remove that 20% bandwith thing. thanks!! and tell me if theres anythign else i need to do to re just my xp after reboot. ijust forgot it all

Kush

High On Life!
just do this

go to start, run and type in without the qoutantions "gpedit.msc" and go to administrative templates then network then Qos packet sceduling then click on limit reservable bandwidth and click on enable and change it from 20% to 0 %! :happy:

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
no mike, turnig qos of is not going to affect bandwidth one bit

however, there is no reasin to have the service running, and I would jsut turn the service off...that's the best idea regardless

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
will this speed up web browsing and/or downloadin cause if it is ill do the tweak right now. thanks for the response tho.

Z

ZAnwar

Re: just do this

Originally posted by themafia_69
go to start, run and type in without the qoutantions "gpedit.msc" and go to administrative templates then network then Qos packet sceduling then click on limit reservable bandwidth and click on enable and change it from 20% to 0 %! :happy:
Even if you do want to change it, I think you have to be logged in as Administrator.

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
no mike, this is a non tweak...you will find no improvement whatsoever

but again, the easiest thing to do is just turn the service off so it doesn't contribute to boot time, and this will also serve the non purpose of turning qos off

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dopexoity