whats DEVLDR

D

dArK_CyAnIdE

whats DEVLDR cause that thing crashes pretty often lol... just wondering... thx to ne1 that can help lol

Do you have a SB Live? If so it has something to do with your sound. well it does on mine.

Its a primary part of the soundblaster live driver, I'm not sure if its in the audigy driver or not, but I cant find it anywhere on my computer except in the i386 driver cache, so I'll say no.

Its also a primary paiin in the butt for 2K/XP users. Creative has yet to get this one right. As far as I know, theres no real way to fix its problems. Its apparaently hit and miss for most users. Most have problems, some do not.

Sorry I dont have better news. Let me guess, it crashes occasionally during a game, and almost all the time while shutting down?

If so, that would be par for the course.

Originally posted by Speed4Ever
Its a primary part of the soundblaster live driver, I'm not sure if its in the audigy driver or not, but I cant find it anywhere on my computer except in the i386 driver cache, so I'll say no.

Its also a primary paiin in the butt for 2K/XP users. Creative has yet to get this one right. As far as I know, theres no real way to fix its problems. Its apparaently hit and miss for most users. Most have problems, some do not.

Sorry I dont have better news. Let me guess, it crashes occasionally during a game, and almost all the time while shutting down?

If so, that would be par for the course.

I think it is just for the SB Live 5.1 (not the audigy). Works fine for me.

It for all the Live cards, as they all work off of modified versions of the same driver package.

Yes, the Audigy doesnt use DEVLDR (thats one good thing going for it :D )

Taken from the DellTalk forum regarding DEVLDR:

It only happens when you switch users, as you know.

There seems to be numerous devldr32 files with the same name but different versions on the computer. There is one in the I386 folder, system32 folder and the system32\reinstallbackups\0000 folder. The key is to use the correct version. I think ver 1.0.0.17 is the right one. If you rename devldr32 (ver 1.0.0.22) in the system32 folder, another one will replace it because the service is running. (You have to right click on the taskbar for Task Manager and end devldr service first) then copy the correct version and delete to old one. If you copy and use devldr32 (ver 1.0.0.17) from the I386 folder the problem is gone. I also think that the one in system32\reinstallbackups\0000 folder devldr32 (ver 1.0.0.21) won't work correctly. The one in backups will replace the one in system32. I also had (ver 1.0.0.22) from the latest Creative update (I think). Feel free to verify this solution and comment if I am wrong, but it worked for me. Reboot when done to get the services running again.
I upgraded the drivers and the versions 1.0.0.22 did not solve it for me. The above solution did.

Mike

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back