Whats best CPU to go with a Ti4600?

S

stuy_b

Well Im thinking of upgrading my system in the new year and wanted some advice on which processor would give best performance with a Geforce4 Ti4600 card?

Obviously faster is better, but Im on a budget, an Athlon XP 2200+ is my limit cash wise, have seen one for £115 inc. vat.

Or theres Intel P4 1800 (northwood), which Ive seen for £110 inc.vat. The P4 2.0Ghz(northwood) is £129.51 inc vat.

As for motherboards Ive chosen the Abit KD7 or BE7 depending on which cpu I go for.

Now memory, should i get cheaper PC2700 (512mb) or PC3200, is there a noticable performance boost with PC3200 memory.

Thanks in advance.

If your on a tight budget, i would go with the Athlon 2200+ CPU. More then ernough performace for less money

JJB

As fast as you can since your CPU and system bus/memory are going to be your bottlenecks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back