whats a good graphic card manufact.

i wouldn't be quick to include PNY or eVGA.

but Asus, Abit, Leadtek, Gainward, Chaintech, and Albatron are all good. there might be some others i'm forgetting.

Originally posted by prodj88
leadtek, gainward, chaintech, evga, asus, pny, ????????

really depends on the make of the card you are looking for...

ie... matrox/ati/nvidia/ whatever else..

for nvidia I recommend albatron/msi... they are quite good... asus and leadtek are also up there...

for ati I recommend hercules/ati itself and visiontek... as well as tyan :)

their heatsinks are sweet...

yeah im looking for an nvidia fx. i think i'll go with leadtek b/c i'm using one currently and i guess its not that bad.

yeah im looking for an nvidia fx. i think i'll go with leadtek b/c i'm using one currently and i guess its not that bad.

which fx ?

Leadtek all the way ! Fx series are not so noisy .. :eek: ( as were suspected ) ..

Originally posted by Cosmin
Leadtek all the way ! Fx series are not so noisy .. :eek: ( as were suspected ) ..

um.. :)

let me explain...

the ENTIRE new lineup from nvidia is the FX series.. :D

not just the nv30... but also the nv31 and 34...

the 5800 ultra... with the stock reference cooler from nvidia IS loud... the card you are showing.. should technically be the 5800 vanilla... or non-ultra card...

there are other companies which are making nv30 cards.. the 5800ultra's.. but most are carrying the stock cooler since nvidia is producing these cards to strict QC levels... because of the complicated nature of the hardware... and just rebadging them to whichever company is selling it.. ie... BFG...

there are many websites with peoples who have nv30's already... and most of them do complain or point out the noise factor... though this doesn;t affect many of them...

Originally posted by SnookBooger
"Built by ATI" - accept nothing less

well.. not true lol...

but the 5200 is a pretty shyte card...

heck the current gf4ti series is better..

um no. the fx5200 can beat ti4400. so i think its actually good considering its 100bucks.

show me where it can beat the gf4ti4400 consistently @ playable frame rates...

please... :)

the 5600ultra is almost caught by the ti4200... so it is a bit odd to consider the possibilty of the 5200 beating the 4200..

sure it does better @ AA and FSAA.. but come on... are you really going to play games @ 10-15 fps ?

the price point is good... but you can also buy ti4200's for around 100 dollars... and 4400's for a few more...

hence why I say the 5200 is a shyte card... ultra or not...

btw... the image quality using aggresive setings on the 5200 is worse than that on the 4200...

and another set of benches to help you...

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1797&p=6

wel you're probably right b/c i haven't been looking further into it. but i just remembering seeing benchmarks of some game and the fx5200 almost up with the ti4600. anyway whats the diff between the ultra and reg?

also are you saying i should get the ti4200 or fx 5200 (ultra)? b/c the fx is suppose to have more features right?

wel you're probably right b/c i haven't been looking further into it. but i just remembering seeing benchmarks of some game and the fx5200 almost up with the ti4600. anyway whats the diff between the ultra and reg?

also are you saying i should get the ti4200 or fx 5200 (ultra)? b/c the fx is suppose to have more features right?

the fx series is supposed to be dx9.. but.. the fx5200 and fx5600 are not TRUE dx9 cards since they do not do many things in hardware that are imperative for dx9 certification..

the 4200 can keep up with the 5600 in raw benches and surpases the performance of the 5200...

turn on AA and FSAA and the 4200 falls back but the 5200 is only pulling out 10-15 fps... which I would hardly call playable... you need @ least 30+ fps to get any fluidity... preferably 50-60...

the difference between the ultra version and the vanilla version is basically clock speeds... the ultra is faster than the vanilla version... feature sets are basically the same...

hence.. if you are looknig to play games... I would recommend the gf4ti series over the gf FX 5200 series... unless you want to see some kewl water effects and stuff...

consider these effects will probably set your frame rate back a bit..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back