what you guys think of this lap config.

ok what you guys think.. this is own of many i just cant make up my mind and im gona wait tell the new mobile AMDs get out and set up. But what you think of this set up.. this is through www.pctorque.com and i have determind through them that they are a reputable company.

One of my question is have a rig with a gig or ram in it allready and i KNOW there is a big diff. But in a lap and this.. do you think the 110 extra for a gig instead of 512 is worth it..

Everyone just pick and and tell me what you like dislike.. god i cant make up my mind. hehe

Last edited:
Can't read it. (the thumb)

I say 1 gig of RAM is a good idea no matter what the price for XP systems. As you said, you know the difference. ;)

Getting a single 512MB DIMM with the systam and ordering another one from elsewhere usually tends to be cheaper.

A 2GHz Dothan...that's going to be screaming fast. :D
The 7200rpm drive is a big plus point too.

its gets 4-5 hours on bat life on the 12 cell battery suposedly. So we will see. but im gona wait a lil onger until the new mobile AMDs get out completly.. I want power but i need battery life.

The Dothans are already extremely efficient when it comes to power consumption and battery life. That's not the problem.
The rest of the high-end components in that thing are going to drain the battery much more, though 4-5 hours for such a high-spec machine is really good.

Is the floppy option internal? If so I'd still go for it. If its external then skip it.

why? just wastes space i havent had a floppy drive in my rig for years and im fine. USB thumb drives all the way hehe. and all the things i need to boot i have bootable cds hehe.

so another question is.. should i opt up for the dvd writer or just stick with the dvd player / cd burner hehe

sraycoz said:
why? just wastes space i havent had a floppy drive in my rig for years and im fine. USB thumb drives all the way hehe. and all the things i need to boot i have bootable cds hehe.
I agree. I've been floppy-less for about 4 years now, and I don't miss those clumsy things one bit. :D

sraycoz said:
so another question is.. should i opt up for the dvd writer or just stick with the dvd player / cd burner hehe
Depends on you, really. I have a standard CD-RW/DVD combo drive in my notebook, and I've never felt the need for a DVD-burner, but then there are those that do. I don't know what I'd do with one, to be honest. For large data backups, I just use my external USB 2.0 drive now.

DiscountLaptops carries the same Sager notebook and also offers a 2.1 pen-m and accidental damage insurance on the laptop if you'd be interested.

sraycoz said:

Well this happened only once, but it still makes me want to have a floppy drive...

My friend's windows xp installed got so messed iup that it wouldnt boot at all, so I was gonna repair it just so I can backup important class notes and such. Well as luck would have it, his cdrom was also broken. I tried using a USB drive but making one bootable and getting ghost to work (thought I could at least make an image to a external drive. I wasnt able to backup the data before he shipped it out to get fixed and of course they "had to" restore is which repartitions (DAMN THEM!).

All Im basically trying to say is its good to have one as a backup boot device, or (if ur in school) if ur teacher want a project on a floppy instead of a usb key (which I wouldnt give em anyways, floppies are cheaper).

Phew! Alot to read/type

Admiral Mike

I run my lappy very happy on 512 - would not sweat it the procesor in mine could not use the extra unless I was running bloatware - do NOT clone your desktop to your laptop - keep it lite and you will go fine...

Just IMHO of course

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back