What would you change about these specs.

anyone else have any opinions? this is going to be a soon purchase

I've had two Antec Truepower supplies literally go "pop" and smoke. It doesn't mean that they're a bad brand; it just means I'm 0/2 and wanted to warn you a little. Take a look at what Enermax, Thermaltake, Coolmax, Coolermaster, and Kingwin have to offer too.

Nice ones.

Last edited:
thanks for the heads up as someone who has alos had two seperat brands of PSU go on him taking hardware good to know.. hehe

Im realy wanting input on the CPU and graphics card.....

LeeJend said:
ditch the 3500, get a 3000 venice for 100 less and overclock it to at least 3300. if it won't overclock, oh well, 500 mhz is negligible.
why not water cooling? i have not seen anyone in here take the plunge yet (pun intentional).

why only 36 gig on the hd? and are you sure you want a 10,000 rpm vacuum cleaner/bomb in your system?

I agree with LeeJend except for the WD Raptor comment, mine is much more quiet than my previous IBM Deskstar.

Im getting another one soon to run Raid as well. I love mine I noticed the speed increase right away.

As for Cases I would look for a Thermal Take Case... I Personally have a Tsunami case with Dual 120mm and a 90 mm fan... Seen HERE on NewEgg they make good stuff runs cool, and pretty quite, and the LEDs are a nice touch. BEST PART it comes with a 400W PSU... :eek: I have pics and will post when I get a chance...

I agree with Ming on the memory, PERSONALLY I double what I would run normally and thats it.

I would stick with corsair TWINX or Mushkin, I have NEVER had a problem with either, and I have with Kingston. Just my thoughts...

post specs when you get it built!!

:D

Last edited:
VenomXt said:
thanks for the heads up as someone who has alos had two seperat brands of PSU go on him taking hardware good to know.. hehe

Im realy wanting input on the CPU and graphics card.....

See my previous post seen Here.

Im ordering mine this weekend, and it really is a toss up between the ATI and the 6800GT dont bother wasting money on the Ultra as you can get Ultra speeds from a simple OC.

If you are going SLI then Yea you obviously want the 6800...

Last edited:
VenomXt said:
i just cant decide on the procc so HELP! hehe . Iv decided on the 6800 GT and to try to clock it to a ultra any brands do this better?

is the PSU with this case any good?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133139

I love this case so much now but why must it have the usb ports on the top... i wont be able to access them.

First, I cant help you with the Proc, Im not an AMD kinda guy, although I have to admit Im getting tempted to buy one for the the obvious 64Bit XP release...

As for the 6800GT, I dont think it matters if it is straight from Nvidia or not. Same thing applies to ATI "powered" boards they lease their name to only reputable Card manufacturers, so you should be fine.

As for the USB ports.. LOL, it has USB ports on the top but you should also have USB ports on the back of your motherboard so it shouldn't be an issue, unless you have some lame a$$ Mobo that doesnt have USBs hehe....

Hannibal!

As for the USB ports.. LOL, it has USB ports on the top but you should also have USB ports on the back of your motherboard so it shouldn't be an issue, unless you have some lame a$$ Mobo that doesnt have USBs hehe....

i love the case except for the fact that i slide my tower into a large slot in my desk. So as i woudnt be able to reach the back or the top easily lol.

Its down too these 3 cpus.. I cant decide yes i could over clock the 3000 but to what speed.. It is cheaper but will i regret getting it in 6-months.. On the other hand is the extra money for the 3700 gona be noticable.. too many decisons..

But im def ordering soon i just found out i got a raise. Aparently me working my ass off has paid off. hehe

3000 (Venice)

Ok this is what im getting so far just need to decide on CPU now..

1. ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail Asus Mobo

Price = 176

2. ZALMAN CNPS7700-CU 120mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan - Retail

cpu fan

Price= 47

3. Western Digital Raptor WD360GD 36.7GB 10,000 RPM 8MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
hard drives
Price= 246 (for two)

4. Leadtek PX6800GT TDH Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 Video Card - Retail
6800 GT
Price= 378

5. CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail
Ram
Price= 119

6. Need CPU look above for the 3 choices.

Looking at 986 so far with shipping. (still need cpu/ case/ powersupply)

Last edited:
If you could, try and wait until July. See if there is any new of AMD reducing prices on their processors. I'd definitely suggest the 3500+. I think it's better value than the other two at present time, and people say it's quite good at OC.

im thinking of the 3500 too but the 3700 is only 50 something more.. hehe too many decisions. What you guys think of the rest?

Im excited about that 6800 GT if you look at the pics of it its a beast. ANd i think it will overclock really well.

Last edited:
yes.. ive got gigabyte nx256 something something... 6800GT 256mb card... heavy!!

well ming im thinking of getting the same cpu as you how do you like it?

go for it mate.

i wanted the 3500+ san diego to be honest, but due to failure of delivery between supplier and retailer i didnt want to wait any longer so went for the 3700+ and paid an extra GPB40 for it.

iv decided on this PSU.. I think mainly for the 80percent effeicency mark. maybe save me some money down the line on eletricity.
SEASONIC S12-500 ATX12V 500W Power Supply - Retail link

Last edited:
500W seems a little steep, I only say that because even with all the peripherals I have and the small OC I put my CPU through my PSU @350W still holds the load very stable, its your money after all, do what YOU want, just making sure you realize its hard to overdraw on a power supply over 400W.

Last edited:
ming said:
Go for 3500+ venice/san diego. :) :D

agree completely...you can overclock these things without any problem or hassle with a stock cooler and get much more performance out of them.

Also for the motherboard I would go with the dfi lan party sli motherboard. Reviews for them are amazing and add this with a venice core 3500 will make the overclocking that much easier

great system its almost like the one i wanna get except the HD case is always a problem

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back