What was the fastest Slot1 available?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have a Slot1 sitting on a burned out mobo in front of me. No stickies on the CPU either. Bud who owns machine tells me he was told it is a PIII733. I didn't think Slot1's made it past PII. What was the fastest slot1 available?

Heeter

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Well, lo and behold.

Just saw a PIII800 Slot1 for sale in Ebay. Still can't find the fastest one available, though

Heeter

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
yeah, there were slot 1 p3's

think the 733 was the last "mainstream" one. By then socket 370 was getting fairly popular with the need for larger fans.

Yeah, my desktop at home has a Slot1 PIII 550MHz. That was the "Katmai" core. :)

And actually, the fastest available Slot1 Pentium III processor is the 0.18 micron 1.00 GHz one. It runs on a 133MHz FSB and has 256K of L2 cache.
Intel also did manufacture one that runs on a 100MHz FSB.

So yeah, basically 1.0GHz is the highest it'll go to.

Dadx2mj

Happy Camper
Yeah there were some slot 1 P3 at 1gig but they did not make a lot of them. I miss the old slot one days (well kinda) I had a P3750 that would over clock to 1 gig. Man I thought I was big time with that rig :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut