What video card are you using with Vista?

David_L6

OSNN Addict
I put together a complete new computer for Vista (just playing it safe - still have my XP machine to use until most of the bugs are worked out of Vista).
I used an Intel DG965WH motherboard because it has onboard video and that saved me the cost of buying a video card to start with. I had plans and still do of using an add in video card. Just wondering what video cards people that have Vista are using.

My Vista system:

Vista Ultimate
2 X 1 GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
P4 630 (Only for a couple of more months. I'll be buying a C2D E6700 when prices are dropped in second quarter.)
Onboard video and sound for now (haven't even hooked up speakers yet.)

Last edited:
I have an eVGA 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT in my desktop, and a 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 in my Tablet.
Both are PCI-e cards.

I've got an ATI X1900 XTX in my main system running dual DVI.

Matt

Running a GF 5950Ultra in one and a 7800GS in my main system.

Wow! 5950 Ultra.... I thought that I was the only one that still had one of those.

Are the 8800's the only cards that are having driver issues with Vista?

All cards have issues with an OS at some point, As far as the 8800's I hear they are running fine, strange huh ?

All games on all cards ar going to have a fair number of problems but it wont be one card or one game, it will be like this for 6 month's and it will settle, If you want to game then you need to wait a while with Vista , or put up with the normal problems.

Not much of a gamer... I have CFS2, FS9, and FSX but I don't have any of them on the computer with Vista. Even if I did play a lot of computer games I have a computer with XP and a 7800GTX.

Hhmmm.... Maybe I'll move the 7800GTX to the Vista computer and buy an 8800GTX for the XP machine (right after I hit the lottery! :rolleyes: )

As stated in sig.

I have no problem running vista so far. However, if this can be associated to to the graphics card (after all the complaints in relation to gaming) then, yes, I'm having a hard time trying to play my favourite CSS on it.

Not to be too OT, but how the heck is your system that high? Did you OC your CPU?
Ha, no. My lowest score was 5.4 * for the 4GB of RAM (which shows up as 3.25GB in the 32-bit OS, but at least my applications run). I scored a 5.5 for my CPU. 5.9 for my WD Raptor X RAID 0 configuration. Here are the scores in color.

perf-rating.jpg

* I scored the same on 64-bit with all 4GB of RAM being visible.

That is still an unusually high CPU score, but good for you.

I get a 5.9 for my Raptor running without RAID, woo.

Intel 915GM on my laptop...total crap...I've a 1.0 in the experience thing just cuz Intel won't make WDDM drivers for the chipset :(:(

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back