What video card are you using with Vista?

praztek

OSNN One Post Wonder
I had issues with the Nvidia 7300 GS. Downloaded the Vista Drivers, everything looked ok until I launched Doom, and the video went to crap. Looking to stay under $300, any suggestions for a video card in which they had no issues with getting to play well with Vista?

Thanks

TheodanUK

OSNN One Post Wonder
I don't think this Vista Index thing is worth much.

I had a good old Radeon X1950Pro 512mb, running on AGPx4 and this card returned an index of 5.9.

I then upgraded my entire system to PCI-E *16 and purchased an Nvidia 8800GTX 640mb. Using the very latest nVidia drivers, this card also returned an index of 5.9.

This is ridiculous, the 8800GTX is at least twice as powerful as the X1950pro and moving from AGP*4 to PCI-E*16 should also have made some enhancement.

I wonder if Microsoft have capped the index to a max score of 5.9 ?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
6.0 is the highest score.

It's not a benchmark system. The system is designed to show you how well your hardware handles the features such as Aero and that's why both video cards show the same score. That's why it is called "Windows Experience Index".

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I want a 6.0 system on each component across the board - wonder what that would consist of/cost

Smoke286

Smokeater
I was using a Radeon X 1600 on my old P4 it worked fine with Vista. I'm using an nVidia 7900 GS in my new machine, soon to be two in SLI mode

Members online

No members online now.

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyseimetz

Affiliated sites