• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What video card are you using with Vista?

David_L6

OSNN Addict
I put together a complete new computer for Vista (just playing it safe - still have my XP machine to use until most of the bugs are worked out of Vista).
I used an Intel DG965WH motherboard because it has onboard video and that saved me the cost of buying a video card to start with. I had plans and still do of using an add in video card. Just wondering what video cards people that have Vista are using.

My Vista system:

Vista Ultimate
2 X 1 GB DDR2 667MHz RAM
P4 630 (Only for a couple of more months. I'll be buying a C2D E6700 when prices are dropped in second quarter.)
Onboard video and sound for now (haven't even hooked up speakers yet.)

Last edited:
I have an eVGA 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 6800GT in my desktop, and a 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 in my Tablet.
Both are PCI-e cards.

David_L6

OSNN Addict
Wow! 5950 Ultra.... I thought that I was the only one that still had one of those.

Are the 8800's the only cards that are having driver issues with Vista?

Shamus MacNoob

Political User
All cards have issues with an OS at some point, As far as the 8800's I hear they are running fine, strange huh ?

All games on all cards ar going to have a fair number of problems but it wont be one card or one game, it will be like this for 6 month's and it will settle, If you want to game then you need to wait a while with Vista , or put up with the normal problems.

David_L6

OSNN Addict
Not much of a gamer... I have CFS2, FS9, and FSX but I don't have any of them on the computer with Vista. Even if I did play a lot of computer games I have a computer with XP and a 7800GTX.

Hhmmm.... Maybe I'll move the 7800GTX to the Vista computer and buy an 8800GTX for the XP machine (right after I hit the lottery! :rolleyes: )

ming

OSNN Advanced
As stated in sig.

I have no problem running vista so far. However, if this can be associated to to the graphics card (after all the complaints in relation to gaming) then, yes, I'm having a hard time trying to play my favourite CSS on it.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Not to be too OT, but how the heck is your system that high? Did you OC your CPU?
Ha, no. My lowest score was 5.4 * for the 4GB of RAM (which shows up as 3.25GB in the 32-bit OS, but at least my applications run). I scored a 5.5 for my CPU. 5.9 for my WD Raptor X RAID 0 configuration. Here are the scores in color.

* I scored the same on 64-bit with all 4GB of RAM being visible.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
That is still an unusually high CPU score, but good for you.

I get a 5.9 for my Raptor running without RAID, woo.

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
Intel 915GM on my laptop...total crap...I've a 1.0 in the experience thing just cuz Intel won't make WDDM drivers for the chipset :(:(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge