What type vehicle do you drive?

So, what vehicle do you drive?

• small to medium sized car

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • fricken tank (ala Cadalac/Grand Marque for example)

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • small pickup

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • large pickup (aka F-250 size or bigger)

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Jeep

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • SUV

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I'm with Arnie, Hummer all the way

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other/ please specify

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
Peugeot 306 Diesel Turbo

Love it, had it MOT'd this week and some dents taken out (none were my fault)
Ah well £400 to have my car running and looking pretty is worth it I guess.

I voted "Jeep", but it's not really a Jeep, it's our fun-vehicle, a Tracker. We have a Nice, comfy Taurus but we end up driving the Tracker most of the time because 1) The top comes off (not my wifes, the trucks:lick: ) and 2)It gets wonderful gas mileage. It's just a lot of fun!

SUV - 2005 Chevy Suburban.
Car - 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII.
Car - 1974 Corvette with new 383 GM crate motordyno at 366 HP.
Boat - 2003 Sharpe 16 x 82 Houseboat.
Boat - 1986 Laser bass boat with modified Mercury outboard.
Boat - 1996 Mirage River Racer drag boat with modified Mercury outboard.
Boats- 2 - 2003 Bombardier supercharged seadoos.

Think I don't have a high $$$ gas and insurance bill?????

I actually drive an '88 Jeep Wrangler...... well..... when it's RUNNING anyway. used to have a pic in my own "what car do you drive?" thread, but i guess i deleted it from my uploaded attachments to regain some space. i'll take another pic tomorrow and post it. The other car i sometimes drive now is my mom's Pontiac Trans-Am..... think it's a 2000.... maybe an '01. That and my dad's '01 Dodge Diesel Dually.

94 Mazda RX-7 1.3 Liter rotary engine. I guess the gas milage depends on how much lead is in my foot. Lately it's been around 18 mpg. Real fun car.

Isuzu Rodeo v6 (quite a small SUV but still about $25 to fill up with Unleaded)

cat826237 said:
SUV - 2005 Chevy Suburban.
Car - 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII.
Car - 1974 Corvette with new 383 GM crate motordyno at 366 HP.
Boat - 2003 Sharpe 16 x 82 Houseboat.
Boat - 1986 Laser bass boat with modified Mercury outboard.
Boat - 1996 Mirage River Racer drag boat with modified Mercury outboard.
Boats- 2 - 2003 Bombardier supercharged seadoos.

Think I don't have a high $$$ gas and insurance bill?????

Hell, I think you don't even care. :p

fimchick: $25? don't tell me ur complaning about $25 to fill that. my Jeep takes at LEAST $30..... and that's on the somewhat CHEAPER gas days, not when it's like this, damn near $2.50 a gallon for the cheap crap.

Drive an Altima 3.5 SE with all the options :)

Yes, black leather in Texas. Very clever :dead:

Gives me approx 25 mpg which is not bad considering the size of the engine. 3.5 litre, V-6, 240HP and all that jazz.

MPG going off of the readout on the dash. Gives out Drive time to empty and current MPG rating on gas tank amongst other things. Don't know how accurate it is :rolleyes:

ThePatriot said:
I voted "Jeep", but it's not really a Jeep, it's our fun-vehicle, a Tracker. We have a Nice, comfy Taurus but we end up driving the Tracker most of the time because 1) The top comes off (not my wifes, the trucks:lick: ) and 2)It gets wonderful gas mileage. It's just a lot of fun!

My friend has a tracker - I agree, fun little car and that gas tank lasts forever! :)

Nick M said:
My friend has a tracker - I agree, fun little car and that gas tank lasts forever! :)
Yes, very light on the wallet. It's nothing fancy...we got a great price on it when we bought it, and it's so tiny we basically follow ATV trails when off-roading sometimes. This is our toy...no frills, but loaded with fun!
Tracker.jpg

Daily Driver: Pontiac Sunfire
My Baby for Special Occassions: Buick Grand National (gonaads will understand that one)

Sazar said:
Drive an Altima 3.5 SE with all the options :)

Yes, black leather in Texas. Very clever :dead:

Gives me approx 25 mpg which is not bad considering the size of the engine. 3.5 litre, V-6, 240HP and all that jazz.

MPG going off of the readout on the dash. Gives out Drive time to empty and current MPG rating on gas tank amongst other things. Don't know how accurate it is :rolleyes:

I remember it wasn't all that long ago that you got the Altima, right? I will never own a car with leather so long as I live in Texas, which could potentially be all my life! :p

I've got a 2002 Nissan Maxima, 3.5 litre, V-6, 260HP with about the same mpg as Sazar. Got a sunroof and spoiler, but my favorite part is the 7-speaker Bose system. :D

A 2004 honda Element EX, a 2002 Mazda 626, and an 2000 Audi S3.

The elements sound system is crazy, its so loud the car shakes, i'm always scared the back window will blow out and you can actually see it vibrating in the center mirror.

lancer said:
The elements sound system is crazy, its so loud the car shakes, i'm always scared the back window will blow out and you can actually see it vibrating in the center mirror.

I used to have a sub that would vibrate the crap out of my rearview mirror! :laugh:

muzikool said:
I used to have a sub that would vibrate the crap out of my rearview mirror! :laugh:

I am going to start a hearing aid company and in 10-20 years get really really rich off of all you ppl :D

My jeep has some nice thump. 2 12" subs in the back, plus a set of nice 6"x9"s, then the standard speakers in the front. always gotta laugh when i see these other odd looking cars with solid roof's and stuff go driving passed *cough*Element*cough* with their subs blasting and their weedwhacker exhaust system they probably paid $200-300 for just to make it sound almost the same as the John Deer Weedwhacker we have out in our shed, where 80% of what you hear is vibration noise coming from the car itself *cough*lancer's element*cough*. NO other car (cept for maybe those Trackers....... and maybe a Hummer that has a soft top) sounds better than a jeep with some subs. Even my brother agree's. the subs that are in my jeep used to be in his truck, and he said that after they were in my jeep and he put them back in his truck, he didn't like they way they sounded in his truck. now he has 2 14" subs in his truck....... it's like a 2fer. back massager AND source of bass.

'98 VW Jetta GLX with the 2.8L VR6 engine. so far i've chipped it, modified the intake and put in a k&n filter, 16" new beetle steel wheels, dropped it on coilovers, and installed other things like euro-spec smoked glass headlights. mild exhaust was installed by the previous owner. it gets chevron supreme every fill-up and 23-28mpg, depending on the weather and the weight of my foot. i had it up to 130mph (governed limit) before i chipped it and haven't gone any faster since. i'm guessing now it'd pull to 145 pretty fairly.

P4020008.JPG

P4020018.JPG

P4020020.JPG

old pics--when i first bought it;
P2080012.JPG

P2080005.JPG

i absolutely love volkswagens.

Last edited:
You live in sac huh? Its pretty damn hot down there. Us placerville ppl get 3-5 degrees cooler than you :p

I have 2 10" subs on a Sony Xplod Amp, 2 6x9s in the shelf, and a couple of 4" co-axials in the dash (standards) - going to upgrade to a whole set of new amps once I have some spare cash.

Taurus - can't go wrong with a Veedub! My family (and sisters boyfriend who has a G-Werks modded Corrado G60 - 220bhp, 0-60mph in 6.4, 140 top end) all swear by them. I used to drive a Polo before my Merc, and my sister has a Golf Mk.2 GTi.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back