What type vehicle do you drive?

So, what vehicle do you drive?

• small to medium sized car

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • fricken tank (ala Cadalac/Grand Marque for example)

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • small pickup

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • large pickup (aka F-250 size or bigger)

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Jeep

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • SUV

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I'm with Arnie, Hummer all the way

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other/ please specify

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
LeeJend said:
You need to modify the first category. Medium size (aka family cars) are a different class (~22-28 mpg) than the gas miser compacts (28+ mpg).

Hmm, thought it was clear that I meant small to mid-sized, not that they were the same category... The reason, largely, is some variation here, aka from a Geo Metro to a family sized sedan...with some steps in the middle... There are some cars that I wouldn't exactly consider a compact such as the metro, or the size of a Ford Taurus or Nissan Stanza/Ultima, etc, but rather somewhere in the middle...

Perhaps the first category could be clarified a little to specify

"small to medium size car"

if that helps clarify what I meant...

Last edited:
Ford Explorer XLT...
I didnt choose the V8 thank god...
at 20-25 for a HALF tank right now im crying... 22 Gallons *WINCE*

another vehicle payment just for my gas bill...

Mercedes 190 2.0 - 22mpg town driving. Does me fine, considering I'm 18. :)
Currently costs me £160ish a month on petrol - one weeks wages per month is fuel only!

Hell my Volvo eats about $140.00 (U.S.) to $15.00 a month in fuel and I don't even drive that much.

Arrrrg.

mlakrid said:
Ford Explorer XLT...
I didnt choose the V8 thank god...
at 20-25 for a HALF tank right now im crying... 22 Gallons *WINCE*

another vehicle payment just for my gas bill...

I've got the V-8 in that there vehicle. Gas is just so much fun to buy.

Also a F-150 5.4L V-8. I need to invest in a gas station.

(oh yea, and work is a 50 mile drive each direction)

2003 Ford Focus ST170 :D

Similar to this except in dark grey.

Attachments

• focus_st170.jpg
    focus_st170.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
A bog-standard Ford Fiesta. I spend more time on the bus than that car. Atleast it's fuel-efficent :)

dere said:
I've got the V-8 in that there vehicle. Gas is just so much fun to buy.

Also a F-150 5.4L V-8. I need to invest in a gas station.

(oh yea, and work is a 50 mile drive each direction)

Daaaaaaamn :eek:

Ya it is fun to go and buy gas. It's an adventure all it's own. You can wind up wasting more gas just looking for the cheapest deal, even if you only use one brand of gas there are still a few stations out there that vary in their pricing.

I go to two different Chevron Stations, one is always cheaper than the other when the prices go up. And then they flip flop when the prices start to go down. Station 1: $2.75, Station 2: $2.80 prices are on the up swing. Station 1: $2.78-2.80, Station 2: $2.69 on the down swing. Strange the way they do that.

Nevermind the gas stations, I drain half my tank daily looking for a parking space!

gonaads said:
Hell my Volvo eats about $140.00 (U.S.) to $15.00 a month in fuel and I don't even drive that much.

Arrrrg.

160.00 GBP = 281.864 USD

LordOfLA said:
TittleBitties + 4WD + Bull Bars = 100mile no-drive zone :D
:dead:

I love me 4wd :)

Also...at the moment gas is cheap for me cause all I have to do is ride with my buddy and pay for alcohol once in awhile and i am set :p.

My dream truck is a F-350 with 8in lift and 42in Mudders...yes i am serious but thats if i was rich and that would only me my truck to drive to the mail box and back :p.

Nick M said:
Nevermind the gas stations, I drain half my tank daily looking for a parking space!
Ha, you live in NYC, don't you? Same problem here in the LA area. :D

NetRyder said:
Ha, you live in NYC, don't you? Same problem here in the LA area. :D

It's both my prize and punishment; this place has great ups and huge downs - parking is a major down if you don't have your own garage/driveway, especially so in the late evenings. Late night, forget it, you'll either park it a mile away from home or it's better to park next to a hydrant and face the ticket, will probably be less then the time and money spent looking for a spot.

I feel ya!

gonaads said:
Ya it is fun to go and buy gas. It's an adventure all it's own. You can wind up wasting more gas just looking for the cheapest deal, even if you only use one brand of gas there are still a few stations out there that vary in their pricing.

I go to two different Chevron Stations, one is always cheaper than the other when the prices go up. And then they flip flop when the prices start to go down. Station 1: $2.75, Station 2: $2.80 prices are on the up swing. Station 1: $2.78-2.80, Station 2: $2.69 on the down swing. Strange the way they do that.

Tell me about it, except that some stations around here are at least a bit more consistent wrt this. Right now, this one Shell station on Menaul (heading to University) is about $2.52 now. Head back towards San Mateo and Central and it's like $2.67 per gallon... Same brand, octane, etc and the price dif seems to maintain...

Oh, and as to parking spaces, tell me about it. Was really bad when I lived on campus. They literally over-sold the parking permits for the dorm students, so there weren't enough spaces to go around. One could end up circling all the lots for an hour or more, sometimes...

Oh, and if someone got tired of it, lets just say parking services was so active if a person ordered a pizza...in the time it took them to deliver it, the pizza delivery guy could be issued a $25 ticket for delivering a $15 pizza. Companies (even Sears, if one ordered a TV or something) ceased wanting to deliver there anymore :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back