What to do if games keep minimizing?

J

jkoXP

A few games minimize when the menu launches... any suggestions? I will be updating directx and the video drivers tonight. I just want to make sure that there isnt anything else I could try.

you have to update dx, windows, video and sound drivers b4 you can troubleshoot it

List the games that are causing the problems and some system specs. Did this just start?

Raven shield and Lionhart.

This is a fresh install of XP with all of the driver updates and patches. Radeon 9600 pro and a P4 2.4.

you could try the powertools from microsoft to disable windows applications stealing focus

its located in the general tab of tweak ui (do a google)

Could possibly be the result of some sort of monitor refresh rate conflicts. That may be a direction to pursue. With XP and sp1 these can be set/over -ridden for D3D games (but not OpenGL). Does ATI (or someone) have some sort of refeshrate utilty?

i use an app called reforce. it changes the monitor drivers to a fixed rate. only catch is.. you have to install the correct monitor driver 1st.

its independant of all video cards.

ie it's perfect so long as you know the max rates...

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back