What time does your day begin?

Lighter

*censored*
7:15AM EST. I'm at work --the only one here, assessing my level of pre-8AM boredom as I munch on a role and suck down a cup of coffee.

Systems are up, network needs a vacation from itself and the physical plant is chugging along.

Anyone else stuck with somber, early morning routines on a regular or semi-regular basis? Caffeine addicted minds want to know. :)

LOL, I'm 3rd shift I come into work at 12am and get off at 8am EST (Indiana doesn't do Daylight Savings Time)

Well, my "morning" begins at 11:00pm.. come to work, usually awake, watch the second shift leave and begin the long vigil that is 3rd shift tech support. Most nights are uneventful so by 2am, I've made the pot of coffee and have hooked up the drip...

By 3am, I've finished the "rounds" of all the websites I typically watch, and then it's a webgame or two...

Now you'd think this sounds good, and for the most part it is, except when something does go wrong... then all h*ll breaks lose! No such thing as a "minor emergency" around here.

Since I work alone mostly, it can make for very long nights.

-Ryandor

depends on the day...

I am normally up by around 6-6:30... most days I have class or work startng @ 8:00 onwards...

after work/class I get off around 6-6:30pm everyday cept friday... I get off @ 5:30pm on friday's :D

I almost regret starting this thread...I'm groaing about 7AM start times while the 2nd and 3rd shifters are pounding away. :rolleyes:

Well, it's still good to know that the few and the proud aren't so few... :blink:

My day starts at 04:15 Arizona time and ends about 22:00. I work 06:00 - 18:00 Wed - Sat

Originally posted by Lighter
I almost regret starting this thread...I'm groaing about 7AM start times while the 2nd and 3rd shifters are pounding away. :rolleyes:

Well, it's still good to know that the few and the proud aren't so few... :blink:

we do what we have to do...

Originally posted by Lighter

Don't feel too bad... cuase right now, I'm dying.. been a long night of nothing.. and I've got an hour to go yet.
Where your trying to wake up, I'm trying to stay awake.
Ugh.

-Ryandor

I am up at 6 am. I get ready, then get my son up and get him ready then I get my coffee and make my lunch. Then I am off to work, by this time Mrs. Funky is ready for work and takes my son to the sitters. I start work at 8 and get off around 5:30 or 6, providing that there is nothing wrong with the servers :)

Wake up at 2215 hrs (please note times are base on 24 hour clock so Dave Holbon does not get confused :D )

Start work processing mail on bar code sorting machine at Post Office at 2300 hrs. 2 breaks of 10 minutes each, 1/2 hour for lunch and on average 200,000 pieces of letter mail later - I get off at 0730 hrs.

One might say that I am glad to see the light of day - that means my work day is over. :cool:

Just one more weird twist - I work Saturday thru Wednesday - so Thursday and Friday are my Saturday and Sunday. When we start work 2300 hrs on Friday - we actually consider it Saturday since we go by the day we get off - of course no one working the other shifts ever know which day we are talking about!:huh: :huh:

Originally posted by damnyank
Just one more weird twist - I work Saturday thru Wednesday - so Thursday and Friday are my Saturday and Sunday. When we start work 2300 hrs on Friday - we actually consider it Saturday since we go by the day we get off - of course no one working the other shifts ever know which day we are talking about!:huh: :huh:

LOL
That's the same here. I confuse people with my "Monday thru Friday" which is Tues night thru Sun morning. Great for messing with people. :p

-Ryandor

Normally start work at 8am and finish at 5am
Might then work on the bar until 11:30pm
Get home at around midnight, chill for an hour or 2, lather, rinse and repeat.

I don't want to know.

I get up 6 am and go to sleep anytime ranging from 12am to 4, time permitting.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
Normally start work at 8am and finish at 5am

WTF???

You finish before you start - awesome job - no wonder you lather, rinse and repeat!!!:huh: :huh:

<dy thinks - you watch EP will sneak in here use his editting powers and then ask me where I got the 5am from - he'll say it says 5pm>

Ryandor - oh you are off Monday and Tuesday - can't see any confusion there!

Ya know I just don't understand why people get confused with our work schedules.;) ;)

Wake up at 6:30 everyday ... school starts at 7:30 AM
On Thursdays, I can wake up at 7:30 coz school starts at 8:35 :)

Originally posted by damnyank
WTF???

You finish before you start - awesome job - no wonder you lather, rinse and repeat!!!:huh: :huh:

<dy thinks - you watch EP will sneak in here use his editting powers and then ask me where I got the 5am from - he'll say it says 5pm>

May EP is really Dr. Who...

We should be told :eek:

Mubbers

I start work at 17:00 hrs GMT (well actually BST) and go through 'til 07:00 hrs.

Graveyard shift. Good thing it's getting towards summer now, at least we see some daylight.

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back