what the...

fimchick

OSNN Senior Addict
Okay, for some reason, one user is having a problem sending to an email address outside of the company. the extremely strange thing is, here is the NDR (edited to remove domain names, etc):

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: test
Sent: 4/12/2006 3:51 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

abc@servername.com on 4/12/2006 3:51 PM
You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator http://forums.windowsitpro.com/web/forum/messageview.aspx?catid=40&threadid=47008&enterthread=y#.
MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=company/DC=corp:ex02

That's it! The user has no restrictions on their account, there is no recipient filtering or any kind of restrictions to send any mail to any destination.

In ESM the message dies instantly, never leaving our exchange server. Message History from the Message Tracking Center:
1.Report generated internally
2.Report delivered to Bob Smith

Can someone please explain this to me or help lead me in the right direction? It make no sense whatsoever.

Thaaank you :)

Looks like the users account got deleted on there end, When i send to someone that has left there job i get this: Does the email go through if you send it from another work station at your job?

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 5.0.0

No, this is being sent to a distribution list that is alive and well. I know this for a fact because it's being sent to our listserver. The problem is not that it bounces back after failing to find the destination address -- the problem is it never leaves the exchange server.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back