What the hell is wrong with my Hotmail?

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political Access
I have these spam messages that, instead of deleting, are multiplying! I access my Hotmail through both the web client and Microsoft Outlook XP, and *nothing* will delete them. I have about *six* duplicates of four e-mails each, and, while I can delete other e-mails, I can't delete these!

God, what the ****ing hell is wrong with this? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Melon

Turn off account synchronization; that should help.

Oop...sorry for not including it in the original post :eek:

Click on the account itself (the top-level folder in the "Folders" menu), and over on the right you should see two buttons, "Synchronize Account" and "Settings". Under settings you should be able to set it not to synchronize.

Umm...are you sure that this is Microsoft Outlook 2002 and not another version? I'm not talking about Outlook Express.

I can't seem to find any of this. :p

Melon

Oh oh...I dunno about that, but I can find out. I got Outlook XP, so I'll look and see how to do it there.

If you find out before me, let me know.

Okay...it was probably the Hotmail servers, nothing on my end. If I remember right, M$ servers tend to have problems regarding deletion, etc. I once had an FTP issue with a server operated using Windows 2000 Server, and I was told that they just need to be rebooted often. :p I'm guessing that that was what happened with the Hotmail server it was sitting on.

But, thankfully, that spam is gone.

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back