What the hell does this error mean?

fantasi

My Yngy is My HoneY!
well my computer has been acting up a while now. Firstly it freezes my screen, then it just reboots by itself. that is just hell annoying. Anyone know what it means or if it helps where the logs are kept so i can give to u guys for a look read? if it helps....Arrrh annoying error..

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 140
looks kinda like a virus(or viri in parris language), Try a virus scan with any scanner you have, and if you dont have one try avg free edition.

It's the infinite loop error. Has to do with Video Drivers.

Update your BIOS Video driver (AGP) and then also update your Video Card drivers. Or reinstall the Video Card drivers.

I had this happen to me. It's a real pain. It was a different senario but it all tends to do with the AGP driver of the MoBo and the Vid Card drivers.

Yours could be a variant of this error. Are you using any Symantec/Norton AntiVirus software? If so disable it, turn it off and reboot to see if it stops. There is a problem with the virtual video adapter driver that is used by Symantec. It's used by Symantec's PCAnywhere but I had the problem with the AV proggy. Anyway...

I posted this:

http://www.osnn.net/forum/showpost.php?p=629631&postcount=211

zeke_mo said:
looks kinda like a virus(or viri in parris language), Try a virus scan with any scanner you have, and if you dont have one try avg free edition.

Damn zeke, you forget already what happened to me? :eek: :speechless:

Oh yeah, the old 256_1 error. Had the same thing, all the documentation I found points towards videocard drivers.

When I had that error, the only way I could get rid of it was to move my sound card down a PCI slot. I guess with my motherboard my pci 1 slot was sharing resources with my agp slot, and creative and nvidia were not sharing nicely.

Since I moved my soundcard, never had it happen again. YMMV.

Blue Jack said:
Oh yeah, the old 256_1 error. Had the same thing, all the documentation I found points towards videocard drivers.

When I had that error, the only way I could get rid of it was to move my sound card down a PCI slot. I guess with my motherboard my pci 1 slot was sharing resources with my agp slot, and creative and nvidia were not sharing nicely.

Since I moved my soundcard, never had it happen again. YMMV.

Yep... There was a thing, a weird thing with Sound Blaster cards and the first PCI slot. Something to do with the first slot being a master slot and having some sort of conflict with the video card slot. I remember that SB actually had a update sheet in their retail boxes pointing this out.

@ zeke... :mad: Smart ass... I want a refund! :rolleyes:

:laugh:

Mostly what that means is that you should clean out your temp files ..

ill give it a try guys...see if it still comes up. thx gonaads.

ok error still there...which agp thingo is it? is it the gart drivers or smbus driver? or am i barking up wrong tree. and yes i have downloaded the latest nvidia drivers as well. my mobo is on my sig..which one should i install? the drivers from msi.com or the nforce3 drivers from nvidia? cuz i think one is version 5 and the other is 5.10.

ok i found the culprit. well im just giving info so that incase some one else gets that error they know how to fix it. Ive fixed with forceware, gart, smbus u name it. norton, sblive. well the reason i have give: forceware, agp drivers, norton, sblive is because those are the top 4 reasons of that error. I have done them all. yet another 5th one is: ram. yup2 thats right. thats the one that fixed for me. just take out ram, start machine, let it beep, put back ram and whambam thankyoumaam...it works fine now guys...

So the Ram wasn't seated correctly. It lost it's connection in the slot. What a pill. Glad ya fixed it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back